Rochdale match | Vital Football

Rochdale match

Zeb2

Vital Squad Member
Admittedly another ‘I heard at the ground’ story but I was told that Rochdale had asked us to swap the fixture on a Tuesday night and play the DW game instead (assuming League approval) as Spotland is apparently still waterlogged.
They called their last game off and the weather since then has continued to be pretty miserable.
Seemingly we have declined the offer on the basis that our pitch wouldn’t necessarily stand 3 games in a week.
IF this is kosher then there may be some doubt about the game going ahead ?

All that is true Zeb apart from the three games in a week, Rochdale wanted the full revenue, Sharpe told them to do one.

I very much doubt the game will be on!

Was told by a few people yesterday (one a steward who I;m told is usually spot on) that there's virtually no chance of the game being played, especially if it rains, but surely Dale weren't suggesting playing a home league game on the visiting team ground were they? Remember they moved Stoke in AWS 99 before they played us and that would have been moved to the DW If it hadn't been played when it was, but a league game...cant see that

No Abram, our home game is scheduled for 24th Feb and I think Rochdale were hoping to reverse the schedule on those games so we play our home game this Tues night and then we’d go to them on Sat 24th.
Anyway it seems we are not agreeing so fingers crossed their pitch is fit for Tues night but it looks doubtful at this point and I think it’s pouring down from the early hours of Monday through to early afternoon so they have a lot more rain to come.

Wont suit us to play on a barely playable pitch which is most likely if it goes ahead at all.

Should have played the bloody game last year. I have my ticket but hopefully it gets postponed and rescheduled for April when the weather is far better. It’d help them cash wise as well as the closer it is to the end of the season, the more fans we’ll take.

I'm hoping the Rochdale game goes ahead tomorrow.
We've already had 3 games postponed because of the FA Cup. The last thing we need is another game needing rearranging causing a fixture pile up going into the run in.

Is this to protect it for their FA Cup (TV??) replay and all the extra revenue?

I suppose it suits us as well.

Agree should have been played and won instead of the original postponed match to go on a mid season jolly in the sun.

Rochdale fans seems to think they are going to have to start looking for alternative places to play games. We may play them at home twice.

Personally I think it may work in our favour to get an extra few days to recover and hopefully the game will not be rearranged until the weather improves and the pitches are drier, which suits our game better. Didn't really fancy trying to play passing football on a soggy pitch which would probably have suited Rochdale.

truelatic4eva - 28/1/2018 16:19

According to some on here our pitch is better than wembley.

Not Wembley but certainly better than Newport and some of the other ones that were played on over the weekend. :guns:

Its annoying that Rochdale with an away end holding 3k and is clsssified low risk hadnt allowed "Pay On the Day" so now we have to fanny around with our tickets depending on the rearranged date.

We shouldnt be in this position Sid the game should have been played on the original date, its not Rochdale's fault that Cook had other plans.

Remember who asked for the postponement!

Get a Grip! - 29/1/2018 20:33

We shouldnt be in this position Sid the game should have been played on the original date, its not Rochdale's fault that Cook had other plans.

Go on Grip ................. you dip your bread lad .............. you (desperately) try & find a reason to stick that bottom lip out !

;o)

You really are a pathetic individual with a personal vendetta against Cook, Most on here know that the decision was right at the time and has been proven right ever since!!

Give it a rest exiled, everything you post these days seems to be a pathetic personal vendetta against fellow vital posters.

moonay - 29/1/2018 20:39

Go on Grip ................. you dip your bread lad .............. you (desperately) try & find a reason to stick that bottom lip out !

;o)

No bottom lip from me pal, just telling it how it is.....as usual!