Rivalry | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rivalry

I've just been reading their forum on Wanderers Ways and it's like turning the clock back 30 or 40 years.

They never seem to keep them behind at the end.....I remember last year, sitting in the car in the car park behind the East stand and the police marched the Bolton fans up by the canal and the supporters started throwing coins at our cars!!!!.......nothing seemed to be done.
I stopped using that car park a few years ago for similar reasons, City fans banging on my car whilst I was in a queue on the road behind and police walked them past down a line of cars that they were banging on and rocking with people inside.

There was one bit of Bolton thuggery I quite enjoyed. As I walked under the railway bridge, 1 68 yr old codger, in the safety of a protective group of 3 other similar aged friends suddenly randomly said to me '******'. All I was doing was walking on the pavement. I didn't have my docs on, my head shaved to a No1, my braces off my shoulders or my knuckle duster in my pocket. Usually I do, but for fear of Bolton's worst I didn't. Following this 1 word erudite comment I simply said, in my best white middle class, boarding school accent, 'pardon'. To which he replied, after thinking his response with care: '******'. 'Ah thank you, that was astute, I assume you were up all night thinking that through'. Slightly stumped he continued the conversation by saying 'Wigan; shit'.

And that was our conversation over. He turned and walked away with a look of smugness and delight that he'd got his message across.

After that it seemed to go downhill; I'm guessing he was the catalyst.

Clearly I was lucky!

I tried to but I sensed his vocabulary may have been some what limited!!!

Typo in the first post ..... final sentance "clearly I was the catalyst to Saturdays troubles".