RIP | Page 52 | Vital Football

RIP

RIP Mr Tony Bennett, WWII vet, painter and the last of the great crooners. Just like Johnny Cash he enjoyed a surge in popularity with youngsters in the late 90s early 2000s which is when I got into his music. That soothing music got me through some long boring drives over the years.

RIP Trevor,seemed a decent bloke but obviously the pig connection did him no favours amongst us BLADES.He was a very good player but i didn't rate him as a pundit,i thought he was a borin chuff, but that said theer in't many pundits i do rate.It was a shock to hear it on Sky Sports news. UTB

Francis was a Blades fan so liked him for that. First million pound player. Hounded out by Pigs after finishing 3rd, 3rd, 7th and 7th in top division. Took them into Europe, won League Cup and 2 losing cup finals. Not good enough for the MASSIVE porkers. Nothing like it since then.

BBC news reader George Alagiah has died aged 67.He had been battling Bowel cancer since 2014. He seemed a really decent fella and i met him once at Dinnington when the Floods were happening in South Yorkshire(about 2008-ish) and we'd had to move out of our house cos of the threat of floodin,thankfully we didn't get flooded but as i say i met George who was there reportin for the Beeb news. RIP George. UTB

If I remember right Francis could have been a Blade - at 41 years young. The summer of '95, after Francis had been sacked for a 13th place PL finish, his pal Bassett wanted to sign him, telling anyone who'd listen Francis was a better finisher than the strikers he currently had.

I think all this did is further convince Blades that Bassett had lost the plot and probably pissed off Nathan Blake who'd scored 18 the previous season.

But anyway, RIP Tricky Trev.

Just heard that ex Wednesday player Chris Bart William has also died. What a day this is. RIP Chris.
Also the anniversary of my dear old Mum dying. 24th of July is a horrible day.

Just heard that ex Wednesday player Chris Bart William has also died. What a day this is. RIP Chris.
Also the anniversary of my dear old Mum dying. 24th of July is a horrible day.
He’s only young can’t be that old (quick google 49 that’s no age to go)

sad day indeed gray I’m lucky to have both parents still live and kicking I’m dreading them going

He’s only young can’t be that old (quick google 49 that’s no age to go)

sad day indeed gray I’m lucky to have both parents still live and kicking I’m dreading them going
Sounds an awful thing to say Bulmer but it would be a blessing for my Mum

She hasn't spoken a word for five years, doesn't have any recollection of anybody or anything, not a solitary spark of recognition in her eyes when anybody enters the room.

Just lays in bed and gets changed four or five times a day, and that's it

If her younger self could visit she'd say FFS Shoot me !!