RIP Larry Lloyd | Vital Football

RIP Larry Lloyd

Sorry I started to write my post and had many interruptions, by the time I posted I realised you had already done so.

Is it the correct etiquette that I delete my post ?

Sorry I started to write my post and had many interruptions, by the time I posted I realised you had already done so.

Is it the correct etiquette that I delete my post ?
No worries ... I was surprised that it wasn't already posted.

Although posters can delete posts, I don't think we can delete a thread .... it's not a problem though.

I know walgarthjohn said he was a 'bully' with some players.
but, he got the team 'in shape' and got us promoted.

RIP Larry.
Where is Walgarthjohn ? Are you out there John reading but not posting anymore ? If so get on the old keyboard and start tinkling the ivorys again

Really enjoyed watching us when Larry was in charge, great times......he was a legend in Chaplins,cadging cigs and flirting with the birds...(Larry not me)

RIP Larry, that promotion season was a great one …remember cracking games against Bury (home in the pouring rain) and Peterborough (away)

Distinct memory of going to Bramall Lane in a promotion showdown in front of 23,000 and getting beat in injury time by an Edwards goal , cross from Colin Morris (the tachy faced little get who was at Blackpool before or after Sheff U….I forget now.

3-0 away victory at rivals Peterborough in glorious sunshine in April …World snooker championships were on at the time and on the radio on the way home there was a lot of talk about this new kid Steve Davis who was toppling the big names.

Was a high quality Division that season as Sheff Utd, ourselves, Bournemouth and Bradford City all went up and several years later all four were still at the 3rd Div or even 2nd Div….no immediate relegation for one or two, which is usually the case.

Just started video filming so offered to film matches, which I then gave a copy to the club. A few in the main stand behind me bought copies off me, so I got in free and even got paid. I claim my footage helped Larry win us promotion😀

RIP Larry, that promotion season was a great one …remember cracking games against Bury (home in the pouring rain) and Peterborough (away)

Distinct memory of going to Bramall Lane in a promotion showdown in front of 23,000 and getting beat in injury time by an Edwards goal , cross from Colin Morris (the tachy faced little get who was at Blackpool before or after Sheff U….I forget now.
I was there it was a Tuesday night match and we took a very big following that night. The police had all the coaches parked up outside Sheffield for a big convoy in