RIP Larry Lloyd | Vital Football

RIP Larry Lloyd

Larry was the player i tried to be as a kid. And later it was an honour being served pints by the great man at the Stage Door!

Sad, sad day for the reds. RIP Larry Lloyd.

Last edited:
Yep. Sad news. He told a good story in the "I believe in Miracles" film about Clough trying to persuade him to sign by giving him and his wife a washing machine, and when he turned up at Forest having signed, being asked by the laundry staff if he was Larry Lloyd, and when he said yes, them saying that he had their washing- machine!

Never had the pleasure of seeing him play unfortunately. Watched plenty of videos of him when i was a young CB though.
RIP

I remember him signing for us like it was yesterday. I remember a cup game against Burnley when he literally had Bryan Flynn in his pocket. I remember when he was landlord at the Stage Door pub and used to great us on a Saturday night after the match with a "no fucking trouble from you lot. Ok!"
I remember with fondness his work on local radio with Darren Fletcher.
RIP Larry a true Forest legend.

probably our best ever centre half in my opinion.

RIP
Kenny Burns...... Des Walker...........
And the latter is important, an important England regular. Whereas anyone who remembers Larry Lloyd's terrible showing when playing for England against Wales in Wrexham around 1980 would agree with that.

Anyway, I appreciate this is supposed to be about recognising the death of Larry Lloyd, not pursuing disagreements about best centre halves, so I shall shut up.

Kenny Burns...... Des Walker...........
And the latter is important, an important England regular. Whereas anyone who remembers Larry Lloyd's terrible showing when playing for England against Wales in Wrexham around 1980 would agree with that.

Anyway, I appreciate this is supposed to be about recognising the death of Larry Lloyd, not pursuing disagreements about best centre halves, so I shall shut up.

Saw them all play regularly. Did you?