Retained List | Vital Football

Retained List

At least the remaining seven are starters.
The nuts and bones of a half decent team.
If Bonham goes, there are literally loads of keepers available and I’d think that Evans already has players in mind.

I think that’s a pretty decent list. Very happy that O’Keefe signed this week, and happy about MacDonald too. Our midfield starts with some decent players in there with Dempsey (if we manage to keep him).

Also surprised that Bonham wasn’t offered anything. SE must think there’s better out there. And I thought the young guy Tyreke Johnson was going to be offered something.

Wonder if we tried anything with Dom Samuel? Maybe it was known he’d be after more than we’d pay, or SE just didn’t want to gamble on his fitness.

Wouldn’t mind seeing any of those loan players returning to us, especially Cundy.

I think that’s a pretty decent list. Very happy that O’Keefe signed this week, and happy about MacDonald too. Our midfield starts with some decent players in there with Dempsey (if we manage to keep him).

Also surprised that Bonham wasn’t offered anything. SE must think there’s better out there. And I thought the young guy Tyreke Johnson was going to be offered something.

Wonder if we tried anything with Dom Samuel? Maybe it was known he’d be after more than we’d pay, or SE just didn’t want to gamble on his fitness.

Wouldn’t mind seeing any of those loan players returning to us, especially Cundy.
Bonham was offered a new contract but turned it down.

Bonham was offered a new contract but turned it down.

Ah, yes. Sorry I missed that originally.

Did we maybe offer him less to stay? Can’t see why he’d turn down an offer otherwise. Would other clubs be beating down his door? I mean he’s a decent keeper, but as someone said earlier there are plenty around.

I too was surprised about Samuel's contract ending, unsurprised at our inability to retain Graham and Ogilvie, more surprised we couldn't retain Bonham. All 4 will not be easy to replace with similar/better quality but plenty of room in squad to recruit and Evans will relish that. I wonder if Evans is trying to reserve some serious wages for striking partners for Oliver. If Samuel and Akinde go he should get that.

I too was surprised about Samuel's contract ending, unsurprised at our inability to retain Graham and Ogilvie, more surprised we couldn't retain Bonham. All 4 will not be easy to replace with similar/better quality but plenty of room in squad to recruit and Evans will relish that. I wonder if Evans is trying to reserve some serious wages for striking partners for Oliver. If Samuel and Akinde go he should get that.

I agree with that jogills

Evans seems to relish the challenge of searching out new talent.

When you take a look at players available in both this division and league two, there are some pretty tasty players out there.

Like most, the players who have declined contracts is pretty much what we expected.
If they can get more money elsewhere, good luck to them.

I think that Jordan Graham is nailed on for Birmingham and Ogilvie may well end up at Peterborough.
As for Dom Samuel, I'd think that his agent will just punt him about.
He was our best paid by a long shot (above Akinde) so given his bad luck with injury, we didn't really get full value.
As for Jack Bonham, he's possibly already been tapped up with a firm offer.

Happy with the list. Bonham must have been offered less, and I'm surprised he's not staying. Trashbat will be upset! Not too bothered about Graham, but I think I should be? Oggy is the only one I think is a big loss, so not bad at all.

I think it also means that Evans is definitely staying?

Just wonder if we could get Joe Walsh on a season's long loan? If we can get Olly Lee back then the midfield starts to look well catered for.

I see Cundy is on Bristol City's retained list, still under contract. I'd imagine there's probably not much chance of getting him back this year, having done well in League 1 you'd think they may well want to take a look at him in the first team.

I'm really surprised Samuel was only one a one season deal.

Graham was a good player so may go up a division and i would think Ogilvie will too.

As for Bonham i think he will be in league one still.

I see Cundy is on Bristol City's retained list, still under contract. I'd imagine there's probably not much chance of getting him back this year, having done well in League 1 you'd think they may well want to take a look at him in the first team.
On that basis we would only get him on a free if we paid his current wage or City paid him off.

Reasonably happy,gutted about Ogilvie but expected,Graham injury prone and was up and down each week,very surprised re Bonham,but would be very happy to have these 3 guys back Robbie Cundy Olly Lee Tommy O’Connor
Big offer comes in for Dempsey Scally would accept

For me, the best news is that it now seems like SE is staying so at least we can be confident that the squad rebuilding is in good hands. (Depending on budget obviously)
If we'd lost some of those players with any other manager in charge, then I'd be worried.
Some of Evans signings were very poor and his judgement in this area is somewhat lacking.

Willock, Akinde, Johnson, Maghoma and the crap loans at the start. This area is the only one that concerns me about BFSE.

Those wages were a waste and we cannot afford passengers.