Remember, remember the 6th of November | Vital Football

Remember, remember the 6th of November

Hastings

Vital Football Hero
Andrew Green QC, appearing for Mr Belokon, said “from the moment the cherries had lined upon on the Premiership fruit machine”, the Oystons had treated the club as “their own personal cash machine”.

Representatives of Valeri Belokon have revealed a date has finally been set for the judgement of a bitter High Court case between the Latvian and the Oyston family.
Mr Justice Marcus Smith, sitting at the High Court in London, was initially expected to deliver his verdict by the end of July.
But it was delayed due to the court’s extended holiday period before the judge began another three-week trial on his return.
It was then feared it could be as late as December before a judgement was passed, but a date of Monday, November 6 has now been set.
This is according to representatives close to Belokon, although the High Court have told The Gazette the case is not officially listed yet.
The date was revealed on fans’ forums yesterday but neither Belokon’s people or the Oystons would confirm it to The Gazette on Thursday.
A spokesman for Mr Belokon confirmed the date in an email this morning.
It comes after the Oyston family, the owners of Blackpool FC, were locked in a six-week High Court battle with Latvian millionaire and club president Mr Belokon, who claims the family “improperly” extracted millions of pounds from the club when it enjoyed a cash “jackpot” after winning promotion to the Premier League in 2010.
Andrew Green QC, appearing for Mr Belokon, said “from the moment the cherries had lined upon on the Premiership fruit machine”, the Oystons had treated the club as “their own personal cash machine”.
Mr Green told the court that Mr Belokon had invested in the club as a minority shareholder on the basis that he would eventually be entitled to an equal share of the management and profits.
He had reached an agreement with Mr Oyston entitling him to parity once loans he had made were converted into club shares.
As that agreement had not been honoured, said Mr Green, Mr Belokon was now entitled to receive a buy-out award in the region of £24m-£25m.
Alan Steinfeld QC, appearing for the Oystons, asked the judge to dismiss Mr Belokon’s “confused” case, saying he had suffered no unfair prejudice.
Instead, Mr Belokon wrongly “thought” he had obtained a “gentlemen’s agreement” entitling him to equal shares.
The Oystons say Mr Belokon incited fans to cause trouble, making it difficult to run the company in the best interests of the football club.

Bring it on...I certainly hope that this will bring us to the verge of that despicable family severing all connections with OUR club and town.

Will the scales fall from the eyes of St Prem or do we need to send him to Damascus for that to happen?

premier 1 - 27/10/2017 20:08

Niether of them is a Jack Walker,whoever wins I just hope that the club does not lose.... :tup:

What a blinkered fool you are in not seeing the difference between the man who bankrolled our meteoric rise and those whose avariciousness led to our fall. :clown:

A serious question to Premier 1. Please answer positively.
Who will your preferred winner be in this court case?
No prevaricating please, just a straight forward and positive answer. In other words nail your colours to the mast.

I asked Premier 1 a simple and very basic question that required a straightforward answer and no prevarication.
No such answer has been forthcoming. Such is the measure of the man.

premier 1 - 28/10/2017 21:09

Niether just sensible my thoughts on this are best left,it is safer ....

This tells me that you don't have the guts or even the good manners to answer what is a legitimate question.

Many a slip twix cup and lip,and many have paid dearly for it ...........

Do I believe that a person should receive a just return on his /her investment Yes...

premier 1 - 29/10/2017 08:33

Many a slip twix cup and lip,and many have paid dearly for it ...........

Do I believe that a person should receive a just return on his /her investment Yes...

So, who has not had a fair return and who has been too greedy?

:dunno:

You are an educated man so just try to work it out yourself......

What I cannot understand is how the investor did not ensure he got a fair return on his investment............