Reece James | Page 5 | Vital Football

Reece James

Now Reece will be out for awhile, Chelsea will probably have to change their plans re using Reece next season. Do you think this could mean we might get him back on loan?

Luckily, at 19, he's young enough to bounce back with no long term effects, at least not physically. Serious injuries can also affect a player's mentality though, making them more wary of going into physical challenges. Something tells me Reece is sensible enough to make calls like that anyway, so I'd be confident that he'll come back as good as ever.

If he needs to regain his fitness / sharpness on loan, I'd be delighted to see him back, though I don't like the circumstances in which they would've happened. He more than earned the right to be playing at a higher level with his development last year, and I hope that whilst that may be delayed slightly, he'll still have the opportunity to achieve what we know he can at the very top of the game.

Get well soon, whether we ever see Reece in a Latics shirt again or not changes nothing. In one season, he's made a set of life-long friends and supporters in Wigan.

Yes... if it were a choice between Reece recovering quickly and not coming back to us, or recovering more slowly and coming back, I would take the former every single day of the week. He's deserved his opportunity to play at the highest level, as The Pon said. I'm confident that any other Wigan fan would say exactly the same.

Get well soon Reece... I'm sure you will :giggle:.

Gutted for the lad, this coming season could have been his big break (excuse the terminology) through season in the prem. I just hope he comes back as strong as ever & wish him a speedy recovery.

That's awesome news. Lad absolutely deserves a shot at the Premier League and he'll be back before it starts. Just hope whoever the Chelsea boss, whenever that may be, gives him some minutes. I'd be very confident that once he gets into the first team, he'll stay there even at Chelsea.

May be longer than a month bad ligament strain flying home today and will have further tests at Chelsea tomorrow All best wishes Reece

May be longer than a month bad ligament strain flying home today and will have further tests at Chelsea tomorrow All best wishes Reece

I did my ankle very bad at age 19, weirdly enough. Last min of a game, losing 3-2 and trying to create something, I went to drag the ball back and turn, only for a defender to come in from either side and my leg got stuck....bang...ankle was gone. I was thumping the ground in pain and swearing my head off. Stretchered off and went to hospital. I had done all my ligs, torn, etc. Achilles. Was in plaster from toes, that were black and blue, to my thigh. I was out of action for about a year, and was never the same player. Where as before I could blast shots in from distance as an attacking mid, I lost the ability and became a defensive mid, a 12 yard sideways passer type. I packed in properly at 22, sick of foot going dead after I had played. Still cant move toes on right foot to this day, and I am in my 40s now.

Reece will have proper physio and rehabilitation though, and I am sure he will be back. Great news!!!!

Don't forget though the medical side of all things treatment especially at that level has come on leaps and bounds. Also like D at the monaco correctly states it's all about cost and returns.