Recruitment | Page 2 | Vital Football

Recruitment

You have a point. When I was jumping around with 3 generations of my family at Wembley, swinging my scarf around my head singing ‘Freed from Desire’, I did think, FFS what could have been accomplished if we had better recruitment.
The well worn Strett strategy; when the facts don't support your argument, miss the point entirely.

How many of our summer signings started that game? Or a majority of games?

Screenshot_20230718_175219_Samsung Internet.jpg
None of the permanent summer signings started the game. I'm not sure any of them started any game. Ojeda may have managed one or two.

The loans- Spence, Zink and Garner all started. Dane was very good at loaning players.

Did you do much cheering of Rodrigo Ely's name?

What about Mohammed Drager?

All but two of the team that climbed that championship table had been at Forest the season before.

Its not that we got him, its the the how we got him.

We were bent over and taken dry by Newcastle.
That was all explained by one of the Taylors.

We did not want him appearing on last years accounts, so the loan to permanent deal was worked out, which kicked in after he appeared in three games - would have been interesting if he had gotten injured in the first game and not the seventh.

We certainly overpaid for him, but he will be a more than capable back up

The well worn Strett strategy; when the facts don't support your argument, miss the point entirely.

How many of our summer signings started that game? Or a majority of games?

View attachment 67086
None of the permanent summer signings started the game. I'm not sure any of them started any game. Ojeda may have managed one or two.

The loans- Spence, Zink and Garner all started. Dane was very good at loaning players.

Did you do much cheering of Rodrigo Ely's name?

What about Mohammed Drager?

All but two of the team that climbed that championship table had been at Forest the season before.
How many started that game? 5 started and 8 played.

How many started that game? 5 started and 8 played.
Of the summer signings, only three started- all on loan, and one had been here already the season before.

Cook and Davis (another loan) also started from January.

Certainly, Dane could spot a loan (although Tutu was not such a great one)

But his permanent signings were pretty rancid.

The permanent summer signings managed 15 starts between them and and only 24 appearances altogether.

The winter permanent signings were better; 13 starts for Cook, 5 for Surridge, 1 for Laryea, 1 for Panzo. If you include subs you are pushing 40 apps between them- almost all of them being Cook and Surridge.

The loans obviously played more; Spence, Garner and Zink managed nearly 50 games each.
But Lowe only started 19 and Davis 14

But 8 of the top 11 appearance makers were contracted players already here, and 9 were players that were here the season before

Last edited:
Really? Professional sport is by its very definition is a dog eats dog business, a football club doing anyone a favour is a rare thing indeed. We paid what we had to , its as simple as that.
I think we overpaid personally. This coming season will see who is right but I think Newcastle were thrilled to get what they did for him.

Dane Murphy was also Championship CEO of the year for the 2021-22 season. They don't just give those out for shits and giggles.

Going back to the OP's point, some could make an argument for having him, and his vision at the club now.

As Joni Mitchell famously penned, 'you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone'. 'Both sides now' is also a cracker, but not relevant to this.

We should try & get to Woodstock we’ll be half a million strong. Though none will be left backs & a good 100k of them will be injured.

Can you keep it civil gentleman. I do not want to put this one in the cooler, but will not hesitate if you continue with insults.

Keep that strictly to PM Or use the ignore button.

Good day :tophat:

@The Fear keep your eye on this one Big J. I can see it turning nasty.

Has anyone ever tried to buy a house that isn’t for sale & the owner isn’t motivated to sell either?

Overpaid 😂😅😂🤣😂🤣 some folk make the tory scum look economically competent

Last edited:
Owd be a house. I've never tried to be a house at all.
What's she gonna look like with a chimney on her, chap?

Very nasty piece of micro-agressive bias there. Clearly a they house. Might have more appropriate for the trans house.

Please lets not see anymore houseophobia otherwise it will be time to summon the charge of the woke brigade led by couttes and the frog of the people 'our nige'.

Very nasty piece of micro-agressive bias there. Clearly a they house. Might have more appropriate for the trans house.

Please lets not see anymore houseophobia otherwise it will be time to summon the charge of the woke brigade led by couttes and the frog of the people 'our nige'.
Ffs. Here he is, look, the tofu muncher is back again and he's coloured his Guardian in with his rainbow water colours.

Look pal, I don't care if its a flat, a detached, bi-detatched, or one of them saucy French maisonettes with the black and white frontage and not much left to the imagination up on the top floor. If the house got a drainpipe, it's a bloke. SIMPLE AS!