Realistic Summer Signings | Page 9 | Vital Football

Realistic Summer Signings

Well that’s that until January. Looks like we’re relying upon scraping by whilst our “purple” players are all cattled. Having zero depth could be our downfall this season with the way Howe likes energetic, high pressing performances. Love the style of play but we haven’t got the depth to do it as it tends to cause injuries, as currently being seen.

I thought another midfielder might be signed. Maybe we'll get one on loan.
Willock and Longstaff are absolute shit. Willock is less so, but now one can see why Arsenal let him go. Lazy and misses easy chances.
Longstaff, at last, had one good pass to Isak to score. Yay

Willock's a decent player man . Longstaff played far better against Liverpool

For me, I get the sense that Longstaff's ability or further potential is more mental than any particular physical attribute he can bring.

The footballing brain between him and Bruno, for example, is as clear as day and if Longstaff cut out the dilly dallying or was more switched on mentally for longer, then you may see a decent player emerge. I forget how many times in a game how he either gets caught in possession or looks likely to.

For me, I get the sense that Longstaff's ability or further potential is more mental than any particular physical attribute he can bring.

The footballing brain between him and Bruno, for example, is as clear as day and if Longstaff cut out the dilly dallying or was more switched on mentally for longer, then you may see a decent player emerge. I forget how many times in a game how he either gets caught in possession or looks likely to.

It's because Bruno is so good usually with the ball and moving it on or keeping it that it makes Longstaff look even worse. Longstaff seems slow to react to opportunities going forwards and also to problems defensively. I did think he was better against Liverpool so it may well be that he needs a run of games or he could be a confidence player. He played his best football under Benitez and I wonder if that's because Benitez drills and drills and drills players. Could be he's not got the brain to play an expansive game where you're trusted to react and adapt accordingly.