Realistic Summer Signings | Vital Football

Realistic Summer Signings

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
We can all breathe easy now and whilst the season pans out, cast an eye out to what Summer business the club will do.

Gone are the days of Ashley and co with their cheating of the fan base, instead we have the blank canvas and reams of positivity (although nothing like the media will have you believe with wishes of Neymar, Mbappe or any other 400k a week world star) that our new owners have instilled. With that brings the excitement as to how we will strengthen or who can we attract. It's this that may split the fan base a bit as some expectations may be higher than others.

As it is, we've all seen the rumour lists with talk of Paqueta, Hugo Ekitike, Ivan Toney and that left back from Athletico but who would you go for?

Personally Id try to get Raheem Sterling from Man City as I feel there's a deal on there for some reason. Id also go for Son from Spurs for many reasons, regardless of cost. I also like Sergio Reguilón and I reckon he would fit our template perfectly.

Overall I think we need a couple of centre backs, a right sided midfielder as well as another box to box one plus two strikers. We also will be buying another keeper as Darlow looks like he's off to Middlesboro.

Last edited:
Son? 😅

If we're going shopping at Spurs we may aswell bag Kane whilst we're at it 🙄

If Spurs miss out on the Champions League then we've a good as chance as anyone if he becomes annoyed or wants a new project.

If you class transfers as gold, Silver and bronze categories then I reckon we will be shopping in the silver category for the next 3 or 4 years.

Son is definitely in the silver category and if we can get Trippier who is another silver who can be a gold player on his day then It's realistic.

I know it was tongue in cheek but Kane is a no-go as well as all these other media-fuelled over the top 'stars'. Just not worth the light unless they have a tie in with the club or the area as they'll come for one reason only.

The project has to have foundations and from what we've been told it's foundations are about team work and togetherness. The minute it becomes about individuals then that will be the minute that the foundations crumble and we're not in a position for foundations to collapse as there's then no quick fix or long term stability to fall back on.

Son and sterling realistic?? Have a word

What's more realistic (and depressing) is longstaff signing a new deal

almost as pointless as Dwight Gayle signing last year

If Spurs miss out on the Champions League then we've a good as chance as anyone if he becomes annoyed or wants a new project.

If you class transfers as gold, Silver and bronze categories then I reckon we will be shopping in the silver category for the next 3 or 4 years.

Son is definitely in the silver category and if we can get Trippier who is another silver who can be a gold player on his day then It's realistic.

I know it was tongue in cheek but Kane is a no-go as well as all these other media-fuelled over the top 'stars'. Just not worth the light unless they have a tie in with the club or the area as they'll come for one reason only.

The project has to have foundations and from what we've been told it's foundations are about team work and togetherness. The minute it becomes about individuals then that will be the minute that the foundations crumble and we're not in a position for foundations to collapse as there's then no quick fix or long term stability to fall back on.

It's no wonder people call us deluded.

Son!

Spurs will finish 4th because they have a class manager. Arteta has been found out not a PL level manager.

I've heard we put an offer in for dybala not sure how true it is and I'msure he'll have plenty of interest

It's no wonder people call us deluded.

Son!

Really? Although I guess if you think you're my Dad then you may be on to something. ;)

Being serious though, the likes of Son have to be realistic targets because, not my words, the owners want to win the league within the next 5 years. Now do I think we'll sign him? No, not in a million years but I reckon there's a surprise signing or 2 ahead.

Bearing in mind my Dad said im deluded (your words), the bookies have us favourites or close to being favoured to sign:

Lacazette - 7/1 3rd favourite.

Calvert-Lewin - 5/4 favourite

Darwin Nunez - 5/1 2nd favourite

Eden Hazard - 7/1 2nd favourite

Harry Kane - 12/1 4th favourite

Rashford - 12/1

Mo Salah - 18/1

Sadio Mane - 20/1

Without going into specific names or targets I don't want us to make the same mistakes as Everton and Manchester United. Which is buying people for the brand or the profile and buying players whose focus is the money and commercial opportunities rather than the football. Sterling would be a great signing but is somewhat unlikely . I'd suggest that the best probable strategy would be to adopt what City did as they were building . Which was buying the best player from a number of lower to middling clubs. For example they bought Lescott , Given and Milner, Barry, and of course the nonce to name a few.

They also bought extensively from Europe but not necessarily from the leading lights so the were able to get with their financial clout Vincent Kompany, Kolarov and Aquero , as well as gambles on failures/misfits from big clubs like Balotelli ,Robinho and Tevez with varying degrees of success.

It's not all going to come together straight away and there may well be some frustrating figures in Newcastle United shirts in the next few years as neither the owners or manager are particularly experienced in this sort of thing; though if they do as well as they did in January it's going to be a hell of a ride !

Spot on & we should all celebrate the ghost of fatty,feels like the final nail in his
rotten fkn coffin.
Whatever signings we make will be at least considered, the dark days are gone.
Like you I can't wait McCreery,well overdue.HWTFL!

Really? Although I guess if you think you're my Dad then you may be on to something. ;)

Being serious though, the likes of Son have to be realistic targets because, not my words, the owners want to win the league within the next 5 years. Now do I think we'll sign him? No, not in a million years but I reckon there's a surprise signing or 2 ahead.

Bearing in mind my Dad said im deluded (your words), the bookies have us favourites or close to being favoured to sign:

Lacazette - 7/1 3rd favourite.

Calvert-Lewin - 5/4 favourite

Darwin Nunez - 5/1 2nd favourite

Eden Hazard - 7/1 2nd favourite

Harry Kane - 12/1 4th favourite

Rashford - 12/1

Mo Salah - 18/1

Sadio Mane - 20/1

None of those, apart from Kane, Salah and Manè are Son.

Why would Son come to us? Think about it for a second. Why?

He's at a club in the capital. A club that may be playing CL football next season, Europa at worst. Arguably in the best stadium in this country, with renowned training facilities. Under one of the world's best managers.

He's nearly 30. "Project" in some north eastern outpost?

I don't think so. Nor do I think I'm your dad 😅

It’s going to be interesting I am just going to wait see and hope we get a couple of decent strikers at least. That has to be a priority in my opinion.

Lots of talk already that we've agreed long term loan for young striker Hugo Ekitike with a mandatory fee.

Aye, ive read the same is going to apply with Paqueta as well.

So if rumours are to be believed then so far we're close to getting:

Lodi (Athletico left back)

Dean Henderson

Ekitike and Paqueta on loan with a buying option.

Tarkowski on a free and Kalvin Phillips.

Don't know where this would leave our bids for Botman and Carlos plus the experienced striker we need.

Don't know where this would leave our bids for Botman and Carlos plus the experienced striker we need.

Carlos got himself a new improved contract at sevilla because of our interest in January. I'd like to see us go for Botman again. Midfield I think we're ok. Everywhere else needs strengthened. Possibly a left winger too