RM 45% City 55% (City OS 44.5%-55.5%)
Corners
RM 3 City 9 (City OS 3-10)
Offsides
RM 3 City 3
Fouls
RM 14 City 18
Cards
RM 4 Y City 3 Y (Laporte, Sterling, Zinchenko)
On Target
RM 5 City 9 (City OS 5-10)
Woodwork
RM 0 City 0
Off Target
RM 8 City 6 (UEFA site has 13 RM shots, City 15 - City OS RM 5 shots City 4)

Attendance: 61,416

Compiled from UEFA and City Official Site match day threads

Links

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/match/2034663--real-madrid-vs-man-city

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2021/real-madrid-v-manchester-city-ucl

City
Ederson
Walker* Dias Laporte Cancelo
De Bruyne** Rodri***** Bernardo
Foden Jesus*** Mahrez****

Subs, Steffen, Carson, Ake, Sterling******, Zinchenko*, Gundogan**, Grealish***, Fernandinho****, Ega-Riley, Palmer, McAtee, Lavia

Last edited:
Commentary By @
22:36
Full-time: Real Madrid 3-1 (6-5) City
It's all over at the Bernabeu and it's Champions League heartbreak for City.
Mahrez second half strike had put Guardiola's men in pole position before Rodrygo's brace in the final minutes took the game to extra-time, where a Benzema penalty won the tie for Real Madrid.
It's been a quite remarkable night of football, which sadly ends in an agonising defeat for us.
A tough one to take.

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtur...-madrid-v-manchester-city-ucl/?tab=commentary

22:38
FT: Real Madrid 3-1 Man City (agg: 6-5)

I understand if you can't face this as a City fan right now, while it is raw, but for all the neautrals - how can you not love football after watching that?

22:40

There is joy unbound amongst the Real players, but tears for many of the City players. They looked dazed. They simply could not recover from that double blow in injury time from Rodrygo.

The Real players deserve every moment of celebration here. Yes, this is an elite club, with well-paid players but the character they showed tonight goes beyond.

We gave it a go and we nearly achieved the aim, but I think we lost the advantage back at the Etihad by not making a bigger gap than the single goal we took to Madrid. We did manage to keep them at bay for almost 90 minutes, but then we could not do what we are not renowned for and that is defending.

22:41
'The best I have ever seen'

Jonathan Woodgate
Former England defender on BBC Radio 5 Live

You could not write it.

Phenomenal football by Real Madrid and City had no comeback.

What a game of football. It’s probably the best I have ever seen.

An incredible performance by Real Madrid.

^ From a former Madrid player. I think their first shot on target was the first goal.

22:42

The Real players are getting some reception as they walk around the pitch at the Bernabeu.
It's some sight. Cheers, applause, scarves and flags waving. Superb.

I think the gamble of playing Walker nearly worked, I hope we do not regret his loss for the rest of the Premier League run in.

22:43

So, yeah. It's Liverpool against Real Madrid in the Champions League final in Paris.
What a game that could be.

Full-time verdict – Manchester City: With 89 minutes gone, City deserved to be in the final. But somehow, as they have on multiple occasions in the competition this season, Madrid snatched victory from the jaws of defeat to rob Guardiola and his players of a second consecutive final appearance. City will recover from this, but it will take time.

Courtois is the UEFA Player of the Match. "He kept Real in touching distance and alive with big saves during the game," say the UEFA Technical Observer panel. "He kept his concentration when City went two ahead on aggregate, with the save of the game to allow Madrid to come back, and made another key save before half-time of extra time. His distribution and decisions on the ball became a threat in Madrid's attacking play. His was a decisive performance in the game, taking Madrid to the final in Paris.

Full-time verdict – Real Madrid: In some ways, Madrid's progress to their 17th final in this competition defies all logic. As against Paris and Chelsea, they looked down and out. Yet again, though, they dug deep and found a way. No Madrid side had previously overturned a first-leg semi-final deficit in this competition, yet this is no ordinary side. Ancelotti's men simply don't know when they're beaten – and thanks to Rodrygo's late, late double and Benzema's spot-kick, Paris beckons. The Bernabéu has worked its magic once more.

Manchester Evening News
Player Ratings
City
Ederson 6
Walker* 8 Dias 6 Laporte 6 Cancelo 6
De Bruyne 6** Rodri 7***** Bernardo 9
Foden 7 Jesus 8*** Mahrez 8****

Subs, Sterling (not Marked)******, Zinchenko 6*, Gundogan 7**, Grealish 5***, Fernandinho 6****