Rate the ref v Exeter | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Exeter

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
Saturdays ref is the infamous Ben Toner, I'll get me tin hat ready! Nearly there now so please put your ratings below after the game.

David Coote 8.83
Mike Jones 7.94
Lee Collins 7.17
Scott Oldham 7.16
Darren England 7.13
Andy Woolmer 7.00
Nicholas Kinseley 6.90
Trevor Kettle (2) 6.75
Craig Hicks (2) 6.58
Eddie Ilderton (3) 6.53
Kevin Johnson 6.39
John Busby 6.28
Martin Coy 5.88
Antony Coggins 5.81
Carl Boyeson (2) 5.54
Gavin Ward 5.41
Michael Salisbury 5.33
Graham Salisbury 5.16
David Webb 5.08
Darren Handley 4.83
Robert Jones 4.71
Robert Lewis 4.43
Tom Neild (2) 3.79
Graham Horwood (2) 3.68
Anthony Backhouse 3.61
Andy Haines 3.58
Sebastian Stocksbridge (4) 3.54
John Brooks (2) 3.32
Ross Joyce (2) 3.30
Brett Huxtable 2.92
Chris Sarginson 2.06

Already on a minus for being inept in the trophy semi last year. Handball? No no no yes. How could the EFL put him on another of our big games? He’s held on a par with Super Seb by me

Yep despite my whingeing in the match thread he was decent for most of the game, didn't make any howlers and kept his cards mostly in his pocket. 7/10 for me.

Zero. A shithouse before the game, a shithouse during the game and still a shithouse after. It took him 20 minutes to get a decision right for either side and it was clear he was refereeing by numbers. The highlight had to be blowing for a foul in our ‘favour’ when Harry had the ball and had Eardley free on an overlap. How on earth did he get above Sunday League level?

Zero. A shithouse before the game, a shithouse during the game and still a shithouse after. It took him 20 minutes to get a decision right for either side and it was clear he was refereeing by numbers. The highlight had to be blowing for a foul in our ‘favour’ when Harry had the ball and had Eardley free on an overlap. How on earth did he get above Sunday League level?

Tend to agree with you MaineRoad. Very poor missed a couple of stonewall penalties. His refereeing by numbers was best illustrated when Rheady was slapped by their player. Rheady complained bitterly and was immediately penalised when the ball was back in play. Very predictable. In his desire to not be seen as a "homer" or influenced by our loud support he gave us very little...2/10. Sunday League.

In some respects not an easy game to referee but the things that I pick up on which are pretty poor is adding 2 minutes in the 1st half (with Wilson injury & Rheady conversation) & 3 minutes in the 2nd half (5 subs & Wharton injury) far too low. No yellows until Ollie Palmer, haven't got far enough watching back to see the foul again, but considering he's only just been on the field I can't see how that is worse that what had gone before. The Rheady incident, I know Rheady plays up but the player did swing his arm and to add insult the lino then gives a free kick against for nothing, really annoys me.
4/10

5/10. Difficult and quite physical game to ref, but thought he missed a pen on Rhead first half and I'm told maybe Harry should have been one too.
Bit fussy at times, as highlighted by not letting the advantage as mentioned in another post.
Thought their big lad up top got a few more decisions than our big un.

Crap Ref .Crap officials .Wilson had his eyebrows taken off at head height .Not a caution? One example of many . I could go on .Sh1te utter sh1te 2/10 As I mentioned .....Sh1te

Thought he was a lot worse than some of these comments in the thread, maybe I need to see some of it again. Thought Anderson got wiped out (their left back ran across to block him)? He was then trying to claim he'd just stood his ground when talking to Anderson which it did not look like in real time at all. Not sure he really saw it. Thought it was bizarre no card for the really high foot or the late tackle on Green then throwing a yellow out for Palmer? I also thought it looked like a foul on Whitehouse...

4/10