Rate the ref v Cheltenham Town (Home) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Cheltenham Town (Home)

8/10

Good to have a decent ref, one who played the advantage well and kept the game moving. A change to have supporters around me commenting so positively on his decision making.

9/10 Can he ref us every week? No flashing of yellow cards, was even-handed and the simulation call was correct.

I disagree, it looked a foul to me ... but that apart an 8/10 ??
I completely agree looked like a foul to me. Also why play on? Simulation is an indirect free kick to the defending team so how can you let the attacking team play on. Truly baffling decision in otherwise a very good performance. 9 up to that point. That weird booking seemed to really affect Shay. Overall a 7.

I thought he had a very good game. Didn't really notice him until late on. Clamped down early on their keeper time wasting with goal kicks. Please come again. 8.5.

8/10 Had a very good game, McCartan telegraphed that he was going to go down once he saw the 2 defenders coming at him. Marked down slightly because just after Rhead came on his shirt was pulled right up his back right in front of the ref on the 6 yard line.

No complaints from me, the only strange thing was the yellow for Shay for simulation,correct decision, but he allowed the game to carry on until we missed before giving the free kick. Would he have disallowed it? Just seemed a bit of an after thought
7.5/10

8/10 Had a very good game, McCartan telegraphed that he was going to go down once he saw the 2 defenders coming at him. Marked down slightly because just after Rhead came on his shirt was pulled right up his back right in front of the ref on the 6 yard line.
Agree GN definite obvious shirt pull and pen. I don’t think Rheady’s had one of those given all season

I completely agree looked like a foul to me. Also why play on? Simulation is an indirect free kick to the defending team so how can you let the attacking team play on. Truly baffling decision in otherwise a very good performance. 9 up to that point. That weird booking seemed to really affect Shay. Overall a 7.
I agree, that hasty and harsh decision spoiled an otherwise good refereeing performance. Arguably it changed the course of the game, we went very flat for a while after that till they equalised.

I agree, that hasty and harsh decision spoiled an otherwise good refereeing performance. Arguably it changed the course of the game, we went very flat for a while after that till they equalised.

He had to act quickly or Harry or the keeper could of got injured over committing on the one on one. Harry did seem to stop a split second before shooting. I've not seen the replay but someone who has stated it was the correct decision.

He had to act quickly or Harry or the keeper could of got injured over committing on the one on one. Harry did seem to stop a split second before shooting. I've not seen the replay but someone who has stated it was the correct decision.
Replay inconclusive, certainly nothing to support the booking.

If he was giving a free kick to the defence he should have done so immediately - he didn't, seemed a while afterwards, I originally thought he was waiting for an advantage to accrue then was bringing it as it didn't (like he didn't excellently earlier). Was amazed to see him pointing for the free kick the wrong way! I'm baffled unless it was dissent for something said.

This.

There was nothing in particular that I can pinpoint in that second half, he just didn't seem quite as good.

That said, still one of the better ones this season. Not often a ref manages to get two advantages right...

8/10.
Having slept on it, I think I'll give him a 9/10.

I'm in a good mood.

First half ok, second half he went to pot, so only a 5 5 from me.

Thought exactly the same.
Decent then poor.
Puzzled by the McCartan "dive" booking as ref looked to have been playing advantage and certainly didnt whistle until subseqent shot failed, at which point presumed he was bringing play back for the foul on McCartan.
Instead he got booked for a dive.
Don't know if ref was wrong or right but seemed an odd sequence of events.

Anyway, not in Ben Toner category, but not the best either, so a 5.5 from me too.