Rate the ref v Bristol Rovers | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Bristol Rovers

He had two big decisions to make today and got both wrong. They weren't even marginal either way, they were clear. That's before we get onto his shambolic handling of all the diving that he was buying. When the referee decides the way the game flows (or not as in this case) and ultimately the actual result then you know it has gone badly wrong. Incompetent ****** 0/10.
Edit - I see swear filter is back then.

I think we were poor today and wouldn't blame the ref for us losing the game. However I believe he was totally inept Bristol Rovers used that very well. I'll give him a point for finding the ground!!!

He booked Shackell for complaining about their (injured?) player not taking the shortest route off the pitch. He didn't give us a blatant penalty early doors yet gave them one which clearly wasn't; the guy stepped away from the ball into Eardley.

Absolute worst ref we have had this season and last season too. I cannot bring myself to award more than 0.5 and that would be being very generous.

Poor from start to finish, gave them a free kick every time they flung themselves to the floor including the penalty so affected the result.

3/10

He booked Shackell for complaining about their (injured?) player not taking the shortest route off the pitch. He didn't give us a blatant penalty early doors yet gave them one which clearly wasn't; the guy stepped away from the ball into Eardley.

Absolute worst ref we have had this season and last season too. I cannot bring myself to award more than 0.5 and that would be being very generous.
Boyeson dislikes Lincoln City but HATES Sincil Bank as fans give him (deservedly) a hard time. He is inept, overweight, and invariably 20 yards behind play. Nil Point.

Hope he watches the game back and realises what a poor game he has had. This guy should not be refing. Even the Bristol forum is saying the ref helped them ffs. Hope he is hanging his head in shame tonight. We were poor today but if we had had the definite penalty for the hand ball maybe things would have been different.

Waited to see the highlights as the two main issues, their penalty and our non-given one were too far away from where I was sat to make an impartial opinion, but good grief. Terrible decisions both
Very fussy blowing for everything and was clearly unaware that subs go off at the nearest point now
I'll concur with a generous 0/10