Rate the ref v Bristol Rovers | Page 3 | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Bristol Rovers

Thought the game had 0-0 all over it, both sides were as bad as each other. Sadly the referee outdid them. Furking clueless, he couldn't even direct a player to leave the field in the correct place!
I'd suggest rating this fella be moved "off topic" because he has no rightful place
Really ??? . Want to think again . Because I never respond to ratings on referees , players etc etc . A wise man once told me never criticize someone doing a job I wont do or will never do .
Well , I have done all , played ,Officiated,Coached and oficiated both home and abroad and I feel I can back Jules when I claim this referee was either paid off or inept.I was also there ...care to comment further ?

That referee really makes you think he has been paid off and really makes you hope you are wrong. Fat and unfair .let's be clear we would have lost that game regardless of who was in charge

Refs taking money has happened over and over again. We should not presume it only happens in Italy etc.
In fact i know of one ref who was certainly, how can i put it, knowingly making wrong decisions, whether for personal gain or not, that I don't know. But deliberate wrong decisions.

As to today's ref. Bad without a doubt from start to finish. Delivered giving them decisions or just incompetent? We will never know. But how can any ref not see the blatant handball at the start? Not even a difficult decision. The defender did a flying save !!

And no surprise for my mark:
A big fat zero out of ten.

Refs taking money has happened over and over again. We should not presume it only happens in Italy etc.
In fact i know of one ref who was certainly, how can i put it, knowingly making wrong decisions, whether for personal gain or not, that I don't know. But deliberate wrong decisions.

As to today's ref. Bad without a doubt from start to finish. Delivered giving them decisions or just incompetent? We will never know. But how can any ref not see the blatant handball at the start? Not even a difficult decision. The defender did a flying save !!

And no surprise for my mark:
A big fat zero out of ten.
The only logical reason I can think of, for him not awarding the penalty, is that he somehow thought the ball had come off the Rovers' player's chest!?! Had he seen it as handball, they would have been down to 10 very early on and, probably, a goal down. The decision for their penalty was equally preposterous. The foul should have been given the other way for him baulking Eardley., in my opinion To round it off, by being unaware of the new injury ruling, put the icing on it, (notwithstanding all the gratuitous diving.) 0/10 from me.

Well , I have done all , played ,Officiated,Coached and oficiated both home and abroad and I feel I can back Jules when I claim this referee was either paid off or inept.I was also there ...care to comment further ?
Referee was beyond bad and shouldn't be allowed in professional sport. Pretty sure I agreed that he was inept.
By the way, congratulations on your extensive experience.

Who was worse today's ref or last weeks (after our goal)?

1 seems to have been inept, the other actively seeking to give the other team an advantage for his own mistake.

Who was worse today's ref or last weeks (after our goal)?

1 seems to have been inept, the other actively seeking to give the other team an advantage for his own mistake.

Last weeks made one horrendous mistake which then affected his subsequent performance because he knew he had made an error. I suspect that Boyeson has no idea that today he was inept which makes him far worse in my opinion

He gave them several free kicks when the Bristol player blindsided the Lincoln and went over , shocking just shocking.
Been doing Lincoln games since the early 00s, time to retire fella, you're not up to it anymore.

The only logical reason I can think of, for him not awarding the penalty, is that he somehow thought the ball had come off the Rovers' player's chest!?! Had he seen it as handball, they would have been down to 10 very early on and, probably, a goal down. The decision for their penalty was equally preposterous. The foul should have been given the other way for him baulking Eardley., in my opinion To round it off, by being unaware of the new injury ruling, put the icing on it, (notwithstanding all the gratuitous diving.) 0/10 from me.

Seen Quest highlights now.
We hardly needed handball proving but at least it was clearly proved.

I wasn't sure about their penalty. TV though proves it clearly. A 100% definite foul by their forward on Eardley. Clearly jumps sideways into Eardley who had made zero contact otherwise.

Two very very poor decisions that decided the result.

I can just about understand a referee making 2 match defining mistakes in a game. It is extremely unfortunate when both decisions go against the same team, but.....

what I can't understand is how Mr Boyeson thinks every time a player falls to the floor this is an offence by the defending side. Almost without exception the defenders in these situations were on their feet, often making no challenge for the ball. From my vantage point, I could see at least twice, that the diver even failed to fall near enough the defender to touch him and even give the pretence of a foul.

He also took no action to deter the players that suddenly became injured when their side took the lead and the finishing line was in sight.

1/10

If we put it in the words of the fishy forum from our 'friends' up the road he was total excrement yesterday didn't have an intercourse clue on what he was doing and reffed the whole game like a complete girl's private.

And found repeated similar comments from multiple clubs up and down the land on this clown.
Burnley noted that he was rated one of the least fit refs. Now given he is already nearly 2 years over the age limit of 48, why is he still in professional football?

And a Plymouth game from a while back had their fans bemoaning that he missed a very obvious handball in penalty area and then later gave opponents a penalty for a foul that never was.
He obviously likes to repeat history.

4 - well under par for both teams, but unfortunately the really big decisions didn't go our way

Could not make it yesterday, but just based on the penalty decisions on the highlights could not believe what I saw, game changing at the end of a week to forget, 0.

0 for a ref that struggled to see the difference between a fgul comitted by a player and a player jumping into a player. Never a penalty. Walker's "simulation" at the other end not long after was closer to a foul and the ref ignored it.

And when a game ends up 1-0 because of the referee then he will be given 0 even if he got everything else right...........which he didn't.