Rate the Ref : Away to Rochdale 05.12.2020 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Away to Rochdale 05.12.2020

7/10 I thought he handled the game well to be fair. Both teams wanted to play football so made it that much easier.

7.5 - not a difficult game to ref but what he had to do he did well, Not fussy or silly with cards, etc. played advantage well.

Since the original data is given to only 1 decimal place, it is meaningless to quote the result to 3 decimal places.

See, Barney isn't the only maths pedant on here. 😁

Since the original data is given to only 1 decimal place, it is meaningless to quote the result to 3 decimal places.

See, Barney isn't the only maths pedant on here. 😁
I think Sedgley should score to how many decimal points he likes, as it's his game...

But as a fellow pedant, I think it is also mathematically sound to do so.

Averages are useful especially when the amount of people taking part varies, so a simple total of marks awarded is not a good indication as to the best performance.

The number of 6.794 results from 115.5 marks from 17 people.

I assume Sedgley rightly expects the amount of participants will rise and by the time we secure the EFL1 Championship on the last day of the season, as many as 68 people may take the trouble to mark the referees performance.

If the voting was in the same proportion as Saturday's match, that would be 462 marks divided by 68 - an average of 6.794

This would be fine as the performance would on average be judged the same.

However, just imagine the trouble and consternation if the referee were only awarded 461.5 marks from those 68 people.

His inferior performance would most horrendously be misrepresented as being as good as Mr Allison's, if Sedgley only goes to 2 decimal points.

Mr Allison 115.5 marks/17 = 6.794 (6.79)
Title game ref 461.5/68=6.787 (6.79)

So to a pendant like me and you, it must be three decimal points.

I applaud Sedgley for his foresight in seeing this potential problem, which could ruin what could otherwise be a great day for the club and its referee rating supporters.

Perhaps we need to talk about considering 4 decimal points when we are in the Championship...

I think Sedgley should score to how many decimal points he likes, as it's his game...

But as a fellow pedant, I think it is also mathematically sound to do so.

Averages are useful especially when the amount of people taking part varies, so a simple total of marks awarded is not a good indication as to the best performance.

The number of 6.794 results from 115.5 marks from 17 people.

I assume Sedgley rightly expects the amount of participants will rise and by the time we secure the EFL1 Championship on the last day of the season, as many as 68 people may take the trouble to mark the referees performance.

If the voting was in the same proportion as Saturday's match, that would be 462 marks divided by 68 - an average of 6.794

This would be fine as the performance would on average be judged the same.

However, just imagine the trouble and consternation if the referee were only awarded 461.5 marks from those 68 people.

His inferior performance would most horrendously be misrepresented as being as good as Mr Allison's, if Sedgley only goes to 2 decimal points.

Mr Allison 115.5 marks/17 = 6.794 (6.79)
Title game ref 461.5/68=6.787 (6.79)

So to a pendant like me and you, it must be three decimal points.

I applaud Sedgley for his foresight in seeing this potential problem, which could ruin what could otherwise be a great day for the club and its referee rating supporters.

Perhaps we need to talk about considering 4 decimal points when we are in the Championship...

I think we need to talk about you getting out more. 😁