Rate the Ref : Away to Rochdale 05.12.2020 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Away to Rochdale 05.12.2020

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Sam Allison was the man with the whistle this afternoon. How do you think he did. Votes out of 10 and comments please

To be fair no great issues just not quite at the level of many we've had so far this season. Pretty okay par 6/10 for me

4/10 for me. I am personally glad he didn't have a big decision to make in either box because he got a lot of little fouls wrong; also some inconsistency in application of things like stopping the game for injury.

There were two clear fouls he didn't give around their box (on McGrandles and Anderson) and on another day a couple of set pieces could decide a game, especially with Grant and Montsma.

6.5 a bit inconsistent in a not too difficult game. Thought he got a fair few decisions wrong first half. Pretty calm though. We’ll have (and have had) worse

So, are you judging him as Gypsy Rose reading the tarot cards?

I know you're being silly but just by the decisions he made around the pitch. If the tackles on mcgrandles or Anderson were in the box and we'd lost 1-0 it wouldn't be like, ah well he didn't make many mistakes.

He didn't have any big decisions to make that affected the game.

I thought he improved as the game went on .The referee tried to keep the game flowing apart from stopping the game for most injuries One to learn there ref me old mucker. 7/10

6/10 as has been said, easy game though a tackle on Jones should have been yellow.

Got confused on stopping for injury rules, 2 stoppages shouldn't have been then allowed play to continue when an injured Rochdale player was right on the middle of the play. None involved head injuries though.

7.Didn't influence the result in any way and was not perturbed by any handbags.Decent game.

I know that Sam Allison was not highly regarded by some on here following previous Imps games. However, the fact he has been given a League 1 fixture involving a high flying team before Christmas, in his first season on the EFL indicates he has been doing well. I have seen him before and been impressed with him, very unfussy and calm.
I would imagine his full time occupation as a firefighter is a big advantage in terms of fitness as well as mental strength.