Raheem Sterling | Page 2 | Vital Football

Raheem Sterling

I hope he pulls out of these bleedin’ upcoming internationals. He’s bound to be subjected to dogs’ abuse again.

:eek: wow! Fair play to Berbatov.

I know. Huge contrast to the knob that is Andy Cole who took the standard ‘holier than thou’ stance on Sky the other evening. Esp with the derby approaching.

There has been such BS spouted about this but increasingly the tables have been turning on the ‘outraged’ with more reasoned voices being heard.

He is right though, just makes you wonder why all the fuss and I think it is a witch hunt against Raheem.
Boly(Wolves) didn't tell the referee 'I put it in with my hand', he still claimed the goal as if he had scored it legitimately.

what the difference

No indeed. There no fuss and no outcry at his dishonesty, it was basically “well, if the officials didn’t spot it, take it”. The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

The citing of the ‘Fowler Incident’ from 1997 amuses me because there is zero comment about the fact that Fowler cheated in the first place by diving! Much has been made of his honesty.........blithely ignoring the dishonesty which led to the penalty. He didn’t exactly seem unhappy when the rebound was put in the net either.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/453780/

^ City director of football Txiki Begiristain said: "This is a significant moment for the club. Raheem has improved dramatically in the past two seasons and is now one of the Premier League's best attacking players. His statistics tell their own story.
"He's quick, strong and excellent in front of goal - everything a modern-day forward needs to excel."

£300,000 a week is just outrageous,he's just not worth it,no player is,it would take me 15 years to earn what he gets in one week and I bet that he won't be working on Christmas day either,it's only football at the end of day,a form of entertainment and it will trickle down the league's with more and more average players demanding more and more money
I'm slowly starting to lose interest in football and by the time that I'm 60 in three years time will probably give up going to games

:dev::sorry:
The wages are all relative, he doesn't earn £300k per week btw, with all bonuses included it can reach that.

But they would never let that get in the way of a good story. This is par for the course esp when it comes to reporting City's players deals - include all the potential bonuses etc to max out the figure. As mentioned above.....it is less than the Mighty Orange is getting.

Premier League
2012–2015 Liverpool appearances 95 goals18
2015– Manchester City appearances107 goals37

all comps
2012 - 2015 Liverpool appearances 129 goals 23
2015 - (to date) Manchester City appearances 155 goals 51

A significant number of his early Liverpool appearances would have been from the berti, a couple of minutes here, five there etc whereas for us he has been a fairly regular name on the team 'sheet'. Think how many more he'd have scored had his finishing been more consistent!

Good season during 2017/18 and he's really kicked on this term.

You have to remember RS7 is still extremely young and the figures are not to decry RS7's achievements at Liverpool, but enhances the reason we bought him and the figures show how he has blossomed under Pep

I love the fact the dippers still hate him for leaving and are still very bitter that he has improved under Pep.

I think he is worth £300,000 how much would it cost to replace him with a player with more talent if he left?
I agree that under our capitalist system compared to what other elite players are allegedly on he is worth it, but it is still an outrageous amount of money for kicking a ball about for a living. What about golfers, they can make even more money with endorsements so fairness in sport does not come into it.