Raheem Sterling | Page 4 | Vital Football

Raheem Sterling

Fantastic.
Look how he has overcome all the vitriol and thrown it back in the faces of the bigots.
Proud that he's ours.

:clap: Well done to Raheem Sterling who has completed a remarkable turnaround when he captained the England side against the Netherlands. Eviscerated by the media in 2016 Euros and subjected to a vile campaign of abuse as he was picked out as the sole cause of the team’s failings he has shown outstanding resilience to recover from that position in his professional and personal life.

I know I have been out of the country u TIL this morning and it MAY have gotten better coverage, but ffs I had to stumble across this piece of news when looking at City related headlines.

The media were quick to pickon him, but clearly embarrassed, they seem to be slow in recognising that their thinly veiled institutional racism remains as they fail to highlight his achievement more visibly. :finger:

A great write up........interestingly not penned by one of their traditional hacks. I cannot imagine the mealy mouthed Simon “context” Stone (their regular reporter on Manchester football) writing something like that - his unconscious bias seems through anything he puts out about City.

I would have to agree that right now he is the best attacking player in the Prem. I always felt that Leroy was a tad better, but now counting out the injury Raheem has improved out of sight to when he first joined us and our coaching staff must take some of the credit for this.

Oh i think he did too - the Haters are always the most active in this regard as they are quick to spew their negative messages and need only the slightest excuse. The issue I have is that there were far worse performances in the team but our man Raheem is always the one with the target on his back.

Southgate is potentially being found out as he has no creativity in that midfield.

Oh i think he did too - the Haters are always the most active in this regard as they are quick to spew their negative messages and need only the slightest excuse. The issue I have is that there were far worse performances in the team but our man Raheem is always the one with the target on his back.

Southgate is potentially being found out as he has no creativity in that midfield.
When you look who he has to pick from it is understandable, but in the WC he had a system that was working for England and now he tries to play 4-3-3 with a dud midfield.