Question re our appeal | Page 9 | Vital Football

Question re our appeal

We had to anyway? If we are going to Bramall Lane looking for a draw that's guaranteed to bite us on the arse.
Lynx-scenario I was thinking was as follows-this week we hear the result and we get 2 points back -putting us 3 ahead of Luton and 4 ahead of Burnley . It's 1-1 at Bramhall Lane after 80 mins. My view is that without hearing about the points result , we have to push for 2-1 risking losing 2-1. Whereas if we got the 2 points bank a point would keep us ahead of the pack

Sometimes you go for the win and end up losing, which would be even worse

Lynx-scenario I was thinking was as follows-this week we hear the result and we get 2 points back -putting us 3 ahead of Luton and 4 ahead of Burnley . It's 1-1 at Bramhall Lane after 80 mins. My view is that without hearing about the points result , we have to push for 2-1 risking losing 2-1. Whereas if we got the 2 points bank a point would keep us ahead of the pack

I get where you're coming from. But given the track records of both us and Sheffield United - specifically both teams inability to defend - I'd suggest our odds are much better if we can be on the front foot rather than trying to sit in defensively.

That’s what has been said about all the appeal results. The hearings having normally ended on the Friday and the result given on the Monday week.So it’s a full week for the report and then given on the next working day. Our appeal was on the Wednesday and was supposed to be one day which means the result today

That 7 days applies to making the appeal not the outcome.

The latest we can have it is next Tuesday

We have to go for the win - points are useless to Blunts as they can't even go up one position for the extra £2.5m.

Maybe we can give them first option on Worall ?!

Wilder has played the kids when he was at Watford and they had nowt to play for...

If luton win we have to go for it anyway...then if Burnley lose they can't stay up.

That 7 days applies to making the appeal not the outcome.

The latest we can have it is next Tuesday
Fair enough it had been said on some forums that the result would be back in a week but clearly that’s not the case. Ideally it would have been better for all concerned whatever the outcome that the involved teams at the bottom would know with 3 games to go where they stand

We have to go for the win - points are useless to Blunts as they can't even go up one position for the extra £2.5m.

Maybe we can give them first option on Worall ?!

Wilder has played the kids when he was at Watford and they had nowt to play for...

If luton win we have to go for it anyway...then if Burnley lose they can't stay up.
Don't expect any favours off that lot , they'll want to beat us just because they're ***** , in fact they'll raise their game 100%.

Athletic reporting appeal hearing announcement won’t be till Tuesday at earliest. That’s two weeks after hearing and one week after report landed on PL desk. Why taking so long? Suggests report is highly critical of PL and inconsistencies. If it was a simple as status quo remains or one point back, why the delay. Everton appeal took three days and was out just over the week later. Forests hearing was less than a day. Why two weeks delay. Must be some tricky spinning and discussions going on at Masters house over weekend. Highly critical?

Athletic reporting appeal hearing announcement won’t be till Tuesday at earliest. That’s two weeks after hearing and one week after report landed on PL desk. Why taking so long? Suggests report is highly critical of PL and inconsistencies. If it was a simple as status quo remains or one point back, why the delay. Everton appeal took three days and was out just over the week later. Forests hearing was less than a day. Why two weeks delay. Must be some tricky spinning and discussions going on at Masters house over weekend. Highly critical?
Polly where did you get that from please. (i.e the suggestion that report is highly critical. Is that your opinion?) Are they saying we didn't breach with that comment?

Last edited:
To start with there was a complete misconception regarding the timeline for the appeal process; there is no given period for the verdict.

I think there was a deadline imposed so that everything was out in the open prior to the season ending.

As for Dickie Masters; he has had more pressing matters to deal with.

He has had to get is response in relating to the reason why the new regulator should have little or no powers; he made that submission yesterday.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if the IC have gone to town on the PL again, if they are not fit for purpose, they must be pretty close.

Announcing the verdicts to both appeals will be the easy part; Masters will have to front up to the criticism, which will not be so easy.

If we are found not to have breached and get 4 points back then that probably saves us

Polly where did you get that from please. (i.e the suggestion that report is highly critical. Is that your opinion?) Are they saying we didn't breach with that comment?
My opinion, on delay in report. All IC reports have to be with PL within a week. The one appeal so far was with PL within the week but PL delayed release for further two days. In Forest appeal case it should of been a simple report. Less than a day for appeal hearing and no new evidence. The writing of report should be bread and butter for IC. Not the 50 pager or 100 pager of initial reports. Can only see this beIng done quickly and landing on PL desk early. The delay is at PL end. If nothing contentious then what is hold up? Why not just release report with confirmation of penalty if no deduction or small reduction? I can only assume the report contains some issues that need further discussion. The findings will reflect on outcomes for next season as well as this and possible court actions. My option is it must be critical of PL and somewhat a ruling in Forest favour. Masters May be busy this week but the report should require a read thru re findings and rubber stamping for action. Unless it contains issues that requires PL action/clarity prior to release. Ever hopeful.

My opinion, on delay in report. All IC reports have to be with PL within a week. The one appeal so far was with PL within the week but PL delayed release for further two days. In Forest appeal case it should of been a simple report. Less than a day for appeal hearing and no new evidence. The writing of report should be bread and butter for IC. Not the 50 pager or 100 pager of initial reports. Can only see this beIng done quickly and landing on PL desk early. The delay is at PL end. If nothing contentious then what is hold up? Why not just release report with confirmation of penalty if no deduction or small reduction? I can only assume the report contains some issues that need further discussion. The findings will reflect on outcomes for next season as well as this and possible court actions. My option is it must be critical of PL and somewhat a ruling in Forest favour. Masters May be busy this week but the report should require a read thru re findings and rubber stamping for action. Unless it contains issues that requires PL action/clarity prior to release. Ever hopeful.
Thank you for clarifying. I think I shall continue my rather impatient wait for the final result

In the absence of the report, we have to go all out for the win tomorrow