Question re our appeal | Vital Football

Question re our appeal

Thewolf/jimmygordon

Vital 1st Team Regular
Sorry if it's already been discussed

In the event we get enough points to stay up and we are above Luton and/or Everton

Luton especially as they have no chance of getting any more points post season

Do you think it's possible to drop our appeal at that stage and not risk the "unthinkable" of having points added on rather than taken away

As we would have next to nothing to gain from the appeal at that stage in the bigger picture

But a huge amount to lose

Anyone know for sure?

Just pay for an costs incurred lodging the appeal for the panel (if any) and just drop it at that stage?

I would feel more comfortable about the appeal if that's the case

Last edited:
If I remember correctly before we lodged the appeal people were saying that we could abort the process at any time up to the beginning of the hearing, but would incur a financial penalty to cover expenses etc. I don't know if it's correct or not but that's what was being said

The hearing is next week though - we will not know our fate until after the event.
That is 4 weeks after we announced that we would appeal. I don't understand why the epl have delayed it so long - they are just adding more pressure on themselves - this is crazy. If it takes 2 weeks to announce their decision - we will find out just before the last match of the season. How is that fair on any of the teams a t the bottom - not just us?

The hearing is next week though - we will not know our fate until after the event.
That is 4 weeks after we announced that we would appeal. I don't understand why the epl have delayed it so long - they are just adding more pressure on themselves - this is crazy. If it takes 2 weeks to announce their decision - we will find out just before the last match of the season. How is that fair on any of the teams a t the bottom - not just us?

That's why I don't think we'll win our appeal. Give us any points back now and Luton will sue if they go down.

Watch for the result being delayed to just before the last game or the moment we secure our position in the league.

We can withdraw our appeal anytime up until the start of the appeal proceedings. Latest info suggests Forest appeal will commence after Man City game we will know result a week later. A failed appeal is unlikely to bring an increased penalty. We have not had any reduction in penalty points due to mitigating circumstances and the fact Everton only got hit for two points despite statement suggesting no double jeopardy suggests Forest could get a one or two points returned.

If we lose the appeal EM will sue if we go down because of it

Another thing I don't think we'd win if we did.

We've had umpteen chances to sort this out on the pitch and fucked it up at every turn. The 4 points dropped against Luton immediately springs to min, so the thought of us suing the EPL because we weren't good enough to get 1 point more than Luton is embarrassing.

Another thing I don't think we'd win if we did.

We've had umpteen chances to sort this out on the pitch and fucked it up at every turn. The 4 points dropped against Luton immediately springs to min, so the thought of us suing the EPL because we weren't good enough to get 1 point more than Luton is embarrassing.
Those are 2 totally separate things mate. He would sue on the basis of the shambolic rule structure, the fact we breached by 2 months, while having a £45m threshold disadvantage, the fact accounts were approved in the EFL but not in the EPL, the clear restriction of trade and anti-competitive nature of these rules, and the fact they realize this and are changing them.

If we had our points back I think we would need a win and 2 draws to be safe this season

That's why I don't think we'll win our appeal. Give us any points back now and Luton will sue if they go down.

Watch for the result being delayed to just before the last game or the moment we secure our position in the league.
I would guess we will hear a week later again but either way what grounds would Luton have to sue?

I'm not a lawyer so help me out here.

Where in the world, other than in appealing exam grades, is it possible or legal for the original verdict to be made worse as a result of the original defendent appealing?

I've never heard of this. How would that be fair and reasonable? Making it so you don't dare appeal in case they punish you by making it worse?

Do we have confirmation that the appeal board can make it worse?

Where in the world, other than in appealing exam grades, is it possible or legal for the original verdict to be made worse as a result of the original defendent appealing?

I've never heard of this. How would that be fair and reasonable? Making it so you don't dare appeal in case they punish you by making it worse?

It can happen - there are situations where a decision is appealed but the evidence introduced actually supports increasing the penalty. There has to be reason for it though.

In football however there is also the issue of ‘frivolous appeals’ which potentially muddies the waters.

It can happen for sure.

Anybody saying it won't or cant is just hoping for the best

Same as those saying we won't get points deducted in the first place

I think we've got at least as much to risk as gain myself

You have to have good cause to appeal

It can happen - there are situations where a decision is appealed but the evidence introduced actually supports increasing the penalty. There has to be reason for it though.

In football however there is also the issue of ‘frivolous appeals’ which potentially muddies the waters.
certainly happens in others sports, things like horse racing where the jockey has received longer bans than first given etc

You have to have good cause to appeal
There is ZERO chance the IC increases ANY points deductions. If they do, there could very well be a case where clubs down tools, sue, go straight to court. PL will avoid that at all costs.

What is very likely to happen with the appeals of Everton and Forest is nothing back and play on. If we get something back, so will they.

There is ZERO chance the IC increases ANY points deductions. If they do, there could very well be a case where clubs down tools, sue, go straight to court. PL will avoid that at all costs.

What is very likely to happen with the appeals of Everton and Forest is nothing back and play on. If we get something back, so will they.

Why do you say?

If they do?

When there's zero chance?