QPR | Page 2 | Vital Football

QPR

Our goal was very well taken. Excellent finish by Windass.

QPR have arguably been the more dangerous team though. They must've had close to 15 shots.

Yes! A crucial win that I feel will go a long way in terms of maintaining our Championship status. Very nice to see Clarke get a goal in his first game as well; he's already equaled the number of goals he scored last time he was with us. Very pleased for him. It seems as though Windass is starting to come good as well. Win against Rotherham next week and suddenly we are in quite a comfortable position. Up the 'Tics.

We should of been 4 up by the time they scored that fluke goal (last 5 goals we conceded have came from outside the box)

I thought it was going to be one of them days again, Clarke and Windass was superb today, needed them 3 points and quite frankly its got to the point where i dont care how we play as long as we win.

People think players are robots, "they are professional footballers, they should be able to take criticism" etc.
They are human being and when they are screamed at for making a mistake or are having a bad day then it is natural for them to become less positive and start to be thinking more about "what if I make a mistake", this in turn leads them to sometimes be in two minds and even more less positive with more things not going to plan.
Can anyone on here honestly say that they improve by being constantly criticised ?
Yes they need to be guided on how they can improve, but there are ways of doing this. Constantly

Very good performance from a number of players. James, Jacobs, Clarke all superb. Still areas for improvement and a slight concern that we reverted to inviting pressure, but today's results have made the league look much brighter

People think players are robots, "they are professional footballers, they should be able to take criticism" etc.
They are human being and when they are screamed at for making a mistake or are having a bad day then it is natural for them to become less positive and start to be thinking more about "what if I make a mistake", this in turn leads them to sometimes be in two minds and even more less positive with more things not going to plan.
Can anyone on here honestly say that they improve by being constantly criticised ?
Yes they need to be guided on how they can improve, but there are ways of doing this. Constantly

Yeah, I know if I'm doing work or something, I do better if someone explains my mistakes calmly as opposed to berating me for getting a question wrong. But then, Sir Alex Ferguson was most successful manager of all time and known for yelling at his players (he was even given the nickname 'the hairdryer'). So maybe it depends on the individual? Maybe some players need to be yelled at to wake them up and get them motivated, whereas others respond better to quiet criticism?

Remember Clarke having a good touch, but i can't remember him being as strong as he is now. Held off two defenders for some of the flick ons, including his assist. His goal was excellent, bulldozed his way past Bidwell at the back post. Fair play to him, he played a key role in our win. Man of the match for me. Simply because without him we would of lost today.

Windass, think it's the first time he's played well in back to back games? Scored and got us a penalty last week. Scored again today, also some nearly moments with him and Clarke. They look to already have a decent understanding of each others play.

James was brilliant. After his early error he really did play well. Strong in the tackle, excellent passing, was always up for the battle. Always wanted the ball and went forwards with it on almost all occasions. When he's played defensive midfield he's always done well. Have to give credit to Cook for that.

Evans covered every blade of grass, along side James i thought they did much better than Morsy and Gibson against Forrest. He set the press from the front, worked tirelessly and his passing was on point.

Jones made two excellent saves. The first he probably should of caught instead of parrying back into danger but he recovered excellently to make a point blank save. Also when Fox missed the ball and Wells was clean through he made another great save, stealing the ball from his feet. Can't question his bravery or commitment, after the soft goals against Forrest i was expecting to see him dropped. Was another good call from Cook.

Wasn't the best of games, but it was a good battle and some excellent moments. None of them played poorly, it was another good team performance which has usually been the case when we've won this season.

Much needed win, if not necessarily merited.

First goal was straight from the John Beck manual, thankfully it wasn't another spurned by windarse. Put under some pressure afterwards, another shot from distance almost beating jones, though thankfully he just spilled this one.

Second half we were better team for the first half of it. Standout moment fur the wrong reason was Clarke winning another long ball, looked up to lay it off and not a blue shirt within 40 yards of him. Body language said it all. After their goal the defending was pretty desperate, though resilient. One off the bar and I thought a blatant handball that should have given them a penalty and likely squared the game.

James did well in midfield, though byrne showed just how good James is at right back. Pilkington has quality and Jacobs direct running is something we've missed.

Good win although Paul Cook tried his best to lose it for us with a textbook example of what substitutes not to make when you’re winning. They should have had a pen at the end as well.

Not to give Naismith a mention is a disgrace, his ball through to Jacobs for the second goal was sheer class.

The simple 25 yard pass down the line? It had good weight but nothing special. The flick pass from Byrne over the top to Windass whilst they were doing one twos was more difficult. James running with the ball and hitting long range switch passes was probably the best moments of quality from anyone.

The movement off the ball was good, we had runners going beyond the ball carrier at times. We got in behind them a good few times. Thats when we weren't defending and then recovering.

Naismith had a solid game, wasn't suspect defensively. Wasn't tested too often but dealt with what came his way.

They obviously looked at our goals conceded against Forrest and tried to shoot from range at every given opportunity, luckily they didn't have their shooting boots on.

Wow some people are easily pleased
Great 3 pts but god we made hard work of that.
Naismith 1 great ball fair do's but a shambles the rest of the game.
QPR goal a result of both Jacob's and Naismith shitting out of challenges.
Gibson had an absolute mare of a cameo (good call Cook - not)
Shocker of the match for me Lee Evans second to everything and not a forward ball all game.
Clarke did well until he seemed to run out of gas but a goal and an assist every week will do nicely.
Windass was good first half but anonymous second half.
Once QPR scored we were all over the place and lucky not to feck it up.
Final mention to Jacob's attempt at a through ball to the unmarked Windass or James with the outside of his right foot - just embarrassing for a pro.

Was a lot better thought evans had one of his better games more like the evans we bought ///// Did we miss sam in the midfield not at all today Thought james was outstanding early on one mistake then solid pity he his on his way next season

it must be painfull for the doomsayers this evening after all they've been it their element for the last 48 hours of a moanathon what happened to the protests and toxic atmosphere being forecast by certain posters is it so hard to just give a tad of praise to Windass and Naismith today also the journeymen that we signed who predicted by the doomsayers are just here for the money I bet they didn't cheer when JW LC scored ffs