QPR | Vital Football

QPR

E

exiled tic

After the window it is back to football tomorrow,try as i might i do not have a clue about team selection tomorrow,but i think he will bring Walton back in and Banginime for Morsy but after that i really cannot guess!

I would hope Jacobs and Pilkington out wide. Baningime is said to be very energetic so hopefully he is the midfielder that can get up and run past our forwards. We've missed having someone like that.

Could be:

Walton
James Dunkley Kipre Fox
Baningime Evans
Jacobs Windass Pilkington
Clarke

It will be interesting to see who makes the bench as well.

I think TBs team selection won't be far off although I have a horrible feeling Gibson may start instead of Evans. Hope not.

But also wouldn't shock me if Kipre was rested as he's apparently been carrying a knock and Olsson comes in or Fox goes to centre and Naismith stays at left back.

Massey and Robinson both fit now and will be available for Rotherham next week. Powells somehow managed to pick up something else wrong with him - wouldn't surprise me if now he's supposedly decided he's leaving if he is on the go slow and will just try and avoid risking injury.

Powell is on good money and he needs to play hard for the club that are bank rolling his lifestyle. If he goes in the summer so be it, but for now he needs to man up and do his level best for the club who rescued his career.

Well said mate. Hate it when players up sticks just before they're about to leave. How would Powell feel if the team physiotherapist was moving to a different team in the summer, and so refused to do his job?

I think TBs team selection won't be far off although I have a horrible feeling Gibson may start instead of Evans. Hope not.

But also wouldn't shock me if Kipre was rested as he's apparently been carrying a knock and Olsson comes in or Fox goes to centre and Naismith stays at left back.

Massey and Robinson both fit now and will be available for Rotherham next week. Powells somehow managed to pick up something else wrong with him - wouldn't surprise me if now he's supposedly decided he's leaving if he is on the go slow and will just try and avoid risking injury.

What is your opinion on us not signing a left back? Like you mentioned, Robinson is back now. However, although he is a much better option there than Naismith (who isn't lol?), he is over rated in my opinion. From what I've seen he seems to escape criticism on here and from the fans in general. I'm not necessarily implying that this is a bad thing, as obviously he's young and still learning, but I'm just not sure if he's Championship standard at the moment. He started well, but tailed off just before his injury, and although he does offer pace going forward, his defending is suspect in my opinion. Too many times he's made mistakes that have put us under pressure. I think the failure to sign a left back was a serious mistake, to be honest.

What is your opinion on us not signing a left back? Like you mentioned, Robinson is back now. However, although he is a much better option there than Naismith (who isn't lol?), he is over rated in my opinion. From what I've seen he seems to escape criticism on here and from the fans in general. I'm not necessarily implying that this is a bad thing, as obviously he's young and still learning, but I'm just not sure if he's Championship standard at the moment. He started well, but tailed off just before his injury, and although he does offer pace going forward, his defending is suspect in my opinion. Too many times he's made mistakes that have put us under pressure. I think the failure to sign a left back was a serious mistake, to be honest.

Totally agree. For me he is a very poor defender who's electronic pace got him out of trouble a few times after making the initial mistake. But at the start of the season he was a huge part of our success adding so much threat from full back - at times with his aggression pace and direct running was a bit like having Yanic back if the Caldwell full back experiment worked. So it felt like we all accepted the trade off of what he lacks defensivly he makes up for in going forward. But it seemed like much like the rest of the side he went from fearless and almost kamikaze attacking to fearful and unwilling to bomb on like he first did. At that point we got all of the bad with none of the good - not sure if it was injury, confidence, tactical or whatever but he started to play to his weakness and not his strengths.

If he comes back in his initial attacking form then he is a weakness and a massive attribute at the same time and you potentially embrace that with more attacking play. But if we are going to try and keep it tight then he is not your man which is why another solid and steady left back was needed.

I do think it was a big mistake not getting in a left back.

Well said mate. Hate it when players up sticks just before they're about to leave. How would Powell feel if the team physiotherapist was moving to a different team in the summer, and so refused to do his job?
Put yourself in Powells position. Currently after June he has no earnings secured and won't have until he signs a pre contract.
In the meanwhile if he gets a career threatening injury he's fecked. Don't expect to see Nick in a tics shirt until he commits to someone for next year and this may well be after the season ends.
Frustrating yes but if you were in his position I'd do exactly the same. You could argue the club could / should have got him on a long term contract with an agreement to let him leave in the summer but who knows what dark arts are at play with agents etc.
That said Blackburn managed it with Dack !

There's a piece on the club website in which Darron says he's happy and enjoying his football - well I'm pleased someone is

Apparently they've sold less than 100 tickets so the atmosphere may be lacking but I reckon if we get an early goal spirits will be lifted! 4-1 win!!

Apparently they've sold less than 100 tickets so the atmosphere may be lacking but I reckon if we get an early goal spirits will be lifted! 4-1 win!!
I’ll have what you’re having please!

Realistically if we win it will be 1-0 or 2-1 based on our style of play. Can’t see us getting 4 but hope you’re right. I’ll take any kind of win right now.