QPR V Wigan Athletic - Saturday 22nd October 2022 @ 3pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

QPR V Wigan Athletic - Saturday 22nd October 2022 @ 3pm

Almost an equaliser from Broadhead. Offisde from Will Keane
This could be one of those high scoring matches if this carries on.
QPR able to get the ball into the final third with 3-5 passes ... just what Uwe Rosler
was after.

Playing better here. Broadhead had his best half of the season, scored two. Second offside, always wanting the ball. Been a real handful, for me the best player on the pitch so far.

Max been much better in an advanced position, finding dangerous forward passes and showing for the ball much higher up the pitch.

Amos been a statue, shot straight at him parried for a corner, they score from it. Then stays on his line from another corner which goes in, inside the 6 yard box. Also the marking was very poor for 2 goals from first two corners.

Although losing been much better performance so far than recently.

Can't fault the effort today. Not giving up at all.
Not sitting back and defending as I thought would be the case.
Shame about the two corners though ....
Max Power has tired legs though,methinks. Couple of his crosses had no height and were straight at a QPR player.
Hopefully the manager can install some belief into the players at half time (that this game isn't a foregone conclusion).

Their captain and first half MOTM off injured, we're gonna win 2-4 now.

But being serious, if we can drop the players making the basic errors, then with this system that actually gets a lot more out of the squad, we will start to pick up wins again. Just hope when after the inevitable defeat, he doesn't revert back to the dreadful formation and set up.

Hopefully Nyambe is fit soon and Jones gets a go in net.

I'm sorry but Darikwa stinks more than a barrow load of rotten fish. He's truly woeful[

Last edited:
Proud of the lads today! Put effort in when QPR were trying to waste time consistently, arguably should have had a penalty from the corner where Naylor was brought down and Magennis was inches away from a great goal.
Effort doesn’t win games, but I’d much rather see us battle against a team who just went top rather than roll over.

Still got a long time to go before the end of the season and we need more pace down both wings. But hey, it’s football could have gone either way today.

EDIT: A couple of wins would put us mid-table, only 9 points separate relegation and play-offs… Bloody love the championship

Shinnie motm by a mile. Special mention to Cousins and Broadhead and a host of others. Just a pity we didn't defend the corners.

We were the better side for long periods and deserved something.

Well done lads :clap: