Punting on the Cam vs Walking on the Duggie | Page 7 | Vital Football

Punting on the Cam vs Walking on the Duggie

Disgraceful. I'd say we were on the beach if we didn't play like this most weeks all season.

Cue anothet 3 halftime subs and 'I didn't like that first half' post match comment. But we aren't learning, we aren't fixing anything we are just getting worse.

Never seen a Latics teams under perform to the degree this side does as often.

Godo has definitely regressed a hell of a long way, I missed first few games of the season so never saw Matt Smith when he was supposed to have been impressive but never seen him as better than ‘OK’ (Sessegnon in that bracket too’)

Hughes hasn’t gone backwards imo but what would likely help him is having a settled centre back partner and I’m mystified as to why Morrison appears to have been bombed out.
Kerr obvious has some class , Goode doesn’t.

Shaw has always been in and out …..I’m not sure as to why Humphries alternates between outstanding and anonymous.

I wouldn’t blame the manager for them all going backwards though as I don’t think many of them have been much better than they’ve recently shown ….aside from Godo.

Disgraceful. I'd say we were on the beach if we didn't play like this most weeks all season.

Cue anothet 3 halftime subs and 'I didn't like that first half' post match comment. But we aren't learning, we aren't fixing anything we are just getting worse.

Never seen a Latics teams under perform to the degree this side does as often.
The worrying part is that Cambridge are crap, bit of effort and it’s an away win something is seriously wrong

Criticise the manager all you want, and there is no doubt that he deserves some criticism, but he didn't take the penalty, nor did he instruct Shaw to let them get the ball into the box for the goal.

Face it...... the players we have are not as good as some would have us believe and all this talk of lack of mental attitude and wrong tactics are simply a smoke screen for poor players to hide behind in the minds of some fans.

We cannot break down teams that set themselves up to simply block the game out with five at the back and four across the midfield. We don't have the talent to play through that sort of defence. The reason we can beat the top teams is because they push forward and leave space for us to play in whereas the lower teams sit back and leave no room for us to exploit.

Both Burton and Cambridge have done this.

Criticise the manager all you want, and there is no doubt that he deserves some criticism, but he didn't take the penalty, nor did he instruct Shaw to let them get the ball into the box for the goal.

Face it...... the players we have are not as good as some would have us believe and all this talk of lack of mental attitude and wrong tactics are simply a smoke screen for poor players to hide behind in the minds of some fans.

We cannot break down teams that set themselves up to simply block the game out with five at the back and four across the midfield. We don't have the talent to play through that sort of defence. The reason we can beat the top teams is because they push forward and leave space for us to play in whereas the lower teams sit back and leave no room for us to exploit.

:clap: (y)

Isn't it the managers job to rectify the problem, or do we just leave it and hope for the best?

The worrying part is that Cambridge are crap, bit of effort and it’s an away win something is seriously wrong
Exactly this. It's the sort of game where if Paul Cook or even Leam Richardson were in charge, we'd probably win comfortably even if we still had nothing to play for. But constant tinkering and a young team easy to bully means it's a different story under Shaun.