Punting on the Cam vs Walking on the Duggie | Page 3 | Vital Football

Punting on the Cam vs Walking on the Duggie

Maloney will be in charge next season. However in his end of season review he should be told the entertainment factor is not good enough and improvements are needed. If he can’t deliver that by the November window I’d move him on as enough is enough with this boring crap he churns out every week.

He will be in charge because the owner wants us ticking over as a league one club

I doubt the ownership will happy sitting in L1 indefinitely as the revenue is very low and is likely to lose money. The total revenue is about 8m higher in the Championship according to our latest accounts.

If you go up costs increase but you've got a better chance of breaking even and successfully buying and selling players for profit with the much increased extra income. Danson wont want to spend us into oblivion again but he'll certainly want us to be challenging for promotion.

We know the pattern unless it's top side we rarely are up for it. Cambridge are going to be fighting for their life but quality wise the bottom of the league is poor.

If we turn up we'll have too much for them but after so many lacklustre displays all season in these type of games you can't trust us to play with any urgency or intensity. And it doesn't matter how superior individual players we may have if we coast through games as Maloney said we will struggle to get a result.

I'm more confident going away to Portsmouth than I am to Cambridge as the mentality will likely be so different fir either game.

Think I said this previously, but would anyone be that surprised if we didn't beat Vale, but took 4 points off Lincoln and Portsmouth, would be typical of this season, we seem to play better against better opposition

Think I said this previously, but would anyone be that surprised if we didn't beat Vale, but took 4 points off Lincoln and Portsmouth, would be typical of this season, we seem to play better against better opposition

Down to the motivation and handling of the players by the Management Team then.

There isn't a great deal of charisma when interviewed from any of Shaun, Barrow or Crainey so maybe that's the issue.

Down to the motivation and handling of the players by the Management Team then.

There isn't a great deal of charisma when interviewed from any of Shaun, Barrow or Crainey so maybe that's the issue.
Personally I think Maloney always comes across as the quiet but emotional type.

Shaun Maloney says his Wigan Athletic team selection for the
Easter Monday trip to Cambridge
is 'going to be really simple now'.

"Every player is playing for their future...
and it's the same for the staff and myself.

After reading that lets hope someone has had a word in Tinkerbells shell like, its a slim chance but could have happened.

Lets see what happens later today.

Me and the wife have been bought a gift afternoon tea on the East Lancashire Railway. Hopefully I'm not back to watch the match.
Went a few years back and there was (hopefully still is) an excellent Pub/Buffet bar on the station with several cask beers on

Went a few years back and there was (hopefully still is) an excellent Pub/Buffet bar on the station with several cask beers on

There’s certainly one at Bury station. Cracking real place and was a favourite when we played at Gigg Lane about five or six years ago.

That's Humphrys out of the matchday squad then

It’ll be interesting to see who’s left out today. I expect Humphrys will be one and Clare should be another, he was shite against Burton.

Again I can’t see us putting in a performance today and I expect us to sit back for most of the game, prediction is 2-1 to Cambridge.

Team due in a couple of minutes ... cue one of two reactions ....

a) quite a few changes ... accusations of "Tinkerbell" not knowing his best team
or
b) no changes ... screams of "why not, given how awful they played on Friday?"

Que sera sera.