Promotion Favourites v Relegation Favourites ( allegedly) | Page 7 | Vital Football

Promotion Favourites v Relegation Favourites ( allegedly)

Clare was definitely prone to falling asleep off the ball defensively. Derby’s big chance for the second goal which Tickle saved well, there’s a video online with the perfect angle of the chance, the player ghosts in beyond Clare, who is caught ball-watching thinking no one is behind him.

Fine margins because if that goes in, it’s 2-1 and game over. Probably the key play of the game from Tickle.

For those asking about the injury time, there are new rules this season replicating the World Cup. Ref stops his watch every time the game stops and adds it all on. Say goodbye to time wasting.
Let's be fair here, Maloney said Clare has hardly had a pre-season and he hasn't played any friendlies. He's had just 4 days training and then played a full 90 minutes so he was bound to be rusty. Let's not write our new full back off just yet.

Like I say they add time on for every stoppage now. Subs, celebrations, set pieces, the lot.

I’m not a huge fan of it myself, personally this could all be avoided if refs were more strict in terms of dishing out yellow and red cards for time wasting. This is what happens when you let players take the piss all game then only book them in the 90th minute, like a goalkeeper does so often. Book them early, threaten them with red and the time wasting stops. Simple.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the beginning of added time being phased out from the game and being replaced by a permanent stop clock like you see in basketball etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the beginning of added time being phased out from the game and being replaced by a permanent stop clock like you see in basketball etc...
what & go all out American style sports where we have quarters instead of half's, then have time outs & flags on pitch to stop play for an infringement 😉😉

Time added for celebrations, ball out of play , subs etc....but how do we know it's being applied fairly? At least with the old 'injury time' you could just about gauge how much added time....not now u can't. Players will be asking for a raise as they're now gonna be expected to play 100 mins now 🙄😉

Had a look throughout League One yesterday and the variation in added time in all the games was 8 minutes! Portsmouth had 7 mins added in their game, while Blackpool, Cambridge and Wycombe had 8 mins. Worst was Northampton 15 mins followed by Shrewsbury & Carlisle - 14 mins! I know that is sad - but a bit of time on my hands on a Sunday afternoon and this just piqued my curious side 🙄😉

Had a look throughout League One yesterday and the variation in added time in all the games was 8 minutes! Portsmouth had 7 mins added in their game, while Blackpool, Cambridge and Wycombe had 8 mins. Worst was Northampton 15 mins followed by Shrewsbury & Carlisle - 14 mins! I know that is sad - but a bit of time on my hands on a Sunday afternoon and this just piqued my curious side 🙄😉
It certainly buggers up the chance of getting back to the car just in time for Sports Report, and that infamous theme tune ...

To be honest, I for one welcome the new rules as it will stop teams taking the piss and running the clock down with feigned injury and excessive celebrations.

As long as it is applied fairly in all games and not as normally happens were one referee adds on a couple of minutes extra time and another loses his watch and adds on double the amount that should be added.

I would welcome the addition of a timekeeper on the sidelines working with the match day officials to legitimise the amount of extra time to be played and possibly a count down clock to inform fans of time being stopped and added on.

I know that this is probably a stretch too far for some, but there is nothing more frustrating than knowing that the ref has shortened or lengthened the amount of time the ball is in play, especially when you are under pressure and defending a lead or the other way about.

From the games i've seen so far i haven't seen any time wasting or excessive goal celebrations, All have passed the 100 minuite mark so what is the justification for this?

The new rules allow the official to add time on when the ball is not in play, therefore time is added on for the time it takes to take a corner, free kick and throw ins. Time is also added on, as before, for substitutions and injuries and now for goal celebrations and time wasting from goal kicks.

If you add on 15 to 20 seconds for every throw in during a game it would probably come to a couple of minutes, then add on the time taken for corners after the usual commotion in the box etc, etc.

Injuries and substitutions is fine,
Time wasting about time this got taken into account.
100 minuits for taking corners, free kicks etc i just don.t get.
Confusing for fans and players and not needed just stamp down on time wasting.

I will welcome the all the added available if we are 1-0 down entering the 90th minute, but the ref can bugger off and get the bloody whistle blown dead on ninety minutes if we are 1-0 up and hanging on.

What a cracking day that was yesterday!

Well apart from the incompetent that didn't organise enough train carridges to cope with the number of tics fans coming back from Derby on the 1st train.

The game itself was really enjoyable,with the magnificent result and performance made even sweeter with all the off field shite that we've suffered recently.We could've had 3 or 4 goals that 1st half and tbf Derby could've had a couple also.

Our performance had so many positives including some good football,exciting attacks and the ability to really dig in with fight and determination to see out the win.

The atmosphere in the away end was absolutely fantastic!

Everyone to a man contributed,with Tickle just shading Hughes,Morrison,Matt Smith and the clinical Wyke for my mom.

Tickle looked composed,made some good saves,along with his handling and commanding of his box being superb.His distribution was also excellent.

Thought Maloneys subs were also spot on bringing on some more bite and energy in midfield with Adeeko,then Scott Smith when we needed it in the 2nd half.As well as bringing on Watts and going to 3 CB's to add more height,physicality and defensive qualities to help deal with Derby's bombardment of crosses towards the end.

So encouraged with that performance in front of a big crowd against one of the favourites for the title.This young squad will take so much belief and confidence from it and credit to Maloney for all the work done in pre season to help produce a performance like that.

The good thing is there's still stuff Maloney will want to improve on in the performance too.

Still think we need 2 or 3 in before the window shuts to complete the squad,with 1 of them adding good experience to it.

UTFT!

What a cracking day that was yesterday!

Well apart from the incompetent that didn't organise enough train carridges to cope with the number of tics fans coming back from Derby on the 1st train.

The game itself was really enjoyable,with the magnificent result and performance made even sweeter with all the off field shite that we've suffered recently.We could've had 3 or 4 goals that 1st half and tbf Derby could've had a couple also.

Our performance had so many positives including some good football,exciting attacks and the ability to really dig in with fight and determination to see out the win.

The atmosphere in the away end was absolutely fantastic!

Everyone to a man contributed,with Tickle just shading Hughes,Morrison,Matt Smith and the clinical Wyke for my mom.

Tickle looked composed,made some good saves,along with his handling and commanding of his box being superb.His distribution was also excellent.

Thought Maloneys subs were also spot on bringing on some more bite and energy in midfield with Adeeko,then Scott Smith when we needed it in the 2nd half.As well as bringing on Watts and going to 3 CB's to add more height,physicality and defensive qualities to help deal with Derby's bombardment of crosses towards the end.

So encouraged with that performance in front of a big crowd against one of the favourites for the title.This young squad will take so much belief and confidence from it and credit to Maloney for all the work done in pre season to help produce a performance like that.

The good thing is there's still stuff Maloney will want to improve on in the performance too.

Still think we need 2 or 3 in before the window shuts to complete the squad,with 1 of them adding good experience to it.

UTFT!
Couldn't have put it better myself, exactly as I saw it. Was a fantastic atmosphere in the away end and it was great to see 'Maloney Ball' in a competitive game.

The general consensus amongst our travelling group and those we spoke to was that it was up there with some of the best away trips.

Let's be fair here, Maloney said Clare has hardly had a pre-season and he hasn't played any friendlies. He's had just 4 days training and then played a full 90 minutes so he was bound to be rusty. Let's not write our new full back off just yet.
Got to be an improvement on Darickwa.