Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City 2017 ICC | Page 2 | Vital Football

Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City 2017 ICC

It was a training game, a pre season friendly. I wouldn't read too much into it. The players would have been told to preserve themselves. No silly tackles, no hamstrings etc.

Yes we looked poor but the objective was to get as many a run out and build match fitness.

This seasons going to be shite.

Wembley/no squad investment - fans are already pissed off about ticketing.

That was more than likely our starting 11 last night - where is the pace?

Look at the bench, it's worse than last season through injuries and sales

SwankyYankee - 30/7/2017 02:34

Critical_Spur - 30/7/2017 01:48

SwankyYankee - 30/7/2017 01:42

That was a tough watch. We were dominated. Kane, Alli, Eriksen were passengers.

They might have looked like passengers, but we were throttled in our own half, so our front men were relying on crumbs to feed on, just chasing shadows as our back line couldn't string 2 passes together....the oppo pressed us hard. Still, it's only a friendly. We'd be fine!

Exactly. We couldn't retain position and move the ball up to them. Very frustrating game. Not sure why it looked so much different than PSG and Roma. Are Man City that good?

Yes.

Look at the form at the end of the season and they have now improved.

Let's be honest, much how it was hilarious they should have smashed us in the 2-2.

All the stats from Manchester City (3) vs (0) Tottenham Hotspur, Nissan Stadium , 29/07/17 Att: 56,232

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523284">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Not neglecting the gulf in skill I thought the gap in motivation was worrying, the club have failed to remember that signals of ambition drive the fans as well as the players. The US tour highlighted that the squad is not good enough to support two or three key players being out (Rose, Wanyama, Son)... As my parents used to say I'm not angry just disappointed.

City have added bags of pace to the team. They will be up there this season. As for us we will be much better with wanyama in the DM position plus we won't play 4 at the back against any of the big teams in the league.

Kinygerbils - 30/7/2017 07:23

Whats the problem with the ticketing kiny?

Yes i am worried about the lack of pace in the team also.

Friendly or not, that was a worrying performance. Players looking uninterested, the weaknesses in our first 11 and squad evident.

It's quite simple unless we spend some money we ain't achieving shit next season. The lack of ambition from our club and a lot of our fans is quite sad really.

Taricco the yid - 30/7/2017 08:42

Kinygerbils - 30/7/2017 07:23

Whats the problem with the ticketing kiny?

Yes i am worried about the lack of pace in the team also.

Pricing/allocation of Season tickets.

Not annoyed me, but it has annoyed a fair few.

Best defence last season...well lets hope that defensive display last night was a one of!

If it was not for the supreme actions of Loris and Vorm we would have seen a 5 or 6 nil thrashing.

Toby might be reflecting lack of contract upgrade. Dier hasn't played well for a while, including the last quarter of last season.

It's the ICC. We're on show to the fans all over the world. Fans who pay good money to travel and watch their team, and we don't stop supporting in the off season, so why the hell should they not give 100%.

If they were giving 100% then we're in trouble., if they weren't then Poch and all the players need a huge kick up the ass and fined. This was down right embarrassing, and those that gloss over it by calling it a friendly are disillusioned.

How dare they walk about uninterested and with no real apparent plan!

Absolute rubbish.

Whenever we dilute or deviate from our best 11, we are dog turd. And we ain't gonna have our best 11 until a few months into the season, so we'll be playing catch up because Levy is such a tight ass, and has no desire to win the PL......it all about the f**king business.

Every other team in the PL will be starting the season stronger than before, but not Spurs FFS.

When the substitutions started...the quality that shitty brought on as opposed to our subs was chalk and cheese...quite frightening it was...
:10:

10Hoddle -

Whenever we dilute or deviate from our best 11, we are dog turd. And we ain't gonna have our best 11 until a few months into the season, so we'll be playing catch up because Levy is such a tight ass, and has no desire to win the PL......it all about the f**king business.

Every other team in the PL will be starting the season stronger than before, but not Spurs FFS.

What we have managed to do so far is weaken our squad whilst making a direct competitor stronger. You really couldn't make it up could you. I've said in another post I can't believe we haven't identified and signed one target since last season. That is worrying

Walker didn't hold back celebrating the first goal.

Our defence was so good last season because we had a brick wall in front of it in wanya and dembo plus the pace of the full backs was crucial, we didnt have that in this game plus we lack speed.

I guarantee we wont play 4 at the back against them in either game in the league and will have dier at cb with that wall in front.

Son is going to be a miss if he isnt ready.

It was ne coincidence they thumped real Madrid also. Hes got the shit out if his side and really bought well. They will be a force this year and we strengthen them with Walker that's my only gripe on that score. There depth is there to see. Ours like last season is not. That's out big problem for the season ahead. The performance and game really hurt you to witness. But we will improve of that I am sure. Chelsea will be our measure on a few weeks time. Not this friendly!

Our bench next season could consist of Vorm, Rose or Davies, Dier or Wanyama, Winks, Son and Lamela. Plus some youngsters breaking through. That ain't too shabby.

I just voted a 5 on the performance rating against City. No injuries, good work out for everyone , youngsters on second half, a measure on what to improve. Perfect.