Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City 2017 ICC | Page 3 | Vital Football

Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City 2017 ICC

I stopped taking preseason seriously when we looked unbeatable under ramos to the then lose a shit ton of games at the start and he got fired lol

Fitness is all that matters adn getting new signings to gel. We havent got any so its purely fitness lol

We were all over the place, our defending was dire, or attack almost non existent, they dominated us 85% of the game and could have had a hatful...our keepers kept us in with a chance until the last part of the game....not sure how they did as shitty were clean through on a lot of occasions...but their finishing was not clinical thankfully.
Lets hope it was a bad day at the office.....if it wasn't we are up shit creek!

Pace still kills us.

We don't have the pace to counter.

Our pace players are either not PL ready/injured/not good enough

Kinygerbils - 30/7/2017 19:32

Pace still kills us.

Very worrying, even more worrying that basically every fan knew this and yet Poch/Levy (whoever you want to blame) still ain't done nothing to rectify it.

ScottDaYid - 30/7/2017 19:46

Kinygerbils - 30/7/2017 19:32

Pace still kills us.

Very worrying, even more worrying that basically every fan knew this and yet Poch/Levy (whoever you want to blame) still ain't done nothing to rectify it.

We have needed pace added to our attacking play for the last 2 seasons. Now Walker has been sold, Rose and Son are injured we really are going to struggle to compete.

As it stands right now we are in a mess. Playing at Wembley with zero pace isn't going to end well.

RD, please stop worrying!

Our target for next season is already achieved!

Our books are well balanced!

What for should we sign new players?

Pre-season is meaningless, as I am sure we al remeber the stonking one we had under Ramos!

What got me though was that Porky was straight in there with the excuses afterwards. City are further ahead in pre-season and purchasing wasn't it? As the seasons starts the same day for us and City I think that is a bit pathetic, plus our side is settled with no need to integrate newbies so you would think the transfer situation wasn't especially relevant to a lacklustre performance.

He is far to quick to come out with excuses - last year when needed to excuse any f'up's in his selection it was all it was the BS about having the youngest team in the league.

Taricco the yid - 30/7/2017 16:51

I stopped taking preseason seriously when we looked unbeatable under ramos to the then lose a shit ton of games at the start and he got fired lol

Fitness is all that matters adn getting new signings to gel. We havent got any so its purely fitness lol

Totally agree. I used to get really excited to see us dominate all our pre-season games in the Ramos era, like you say, only for us to finish mid-table.

There is nothing to be taken from these friendlies other than getting the players match fit!