Preseason Fixtures | Page 45 | Vital Football

Preseason Fixtures

strange pre-season selection of games bearing in mind this time last year we were really testing ourselves vs the likes of Yanited and Arsenal.

strange pre-season selection of games bearing in mind this time last year we were really testing ourselves vs the likes of Yanited and Arsenal.

Originally the plan made sense given the first few were always going to have youngsters as a mainstay given the size of our squad.

Sevilla set for when our internationals were back, this is where the Euros buggered things.

Buendia I'm hopeful for.

Unfortunately, I'm unsure when we'll see Bailey. Hopefully he is at least on the bench vs Watford.

Any idea when he lands in England and starts training?
I read he is in the isolation period and won’t be available to train or play until after the Watford game

Yep. Haven't had an ideal pre-season. Most worrying thing is the defence looking a bit rusty. Dean needs to sort that before Watford. Elsewhere I think we've got enough talent to cause problems.

Doubt if Bailey will be ready for Watford. Question marks over Ollie and Buendia's fitness/injuries. Could be a trickier game than anticipated.
Away to a newly promoted team for their first game back, plus their first game with fans for ages… would have been tough anyway.

I totally agree it hasn’t been an ideal pre season for a whole range of reasons, we just have to hope other clubs have been in the same boat regarding cancelled games and late returners.

My worry is a bad start to the season could easily manifest into something much worse if we don’t get much out of the first 3 or 4 followed by a tough run of fixtures suddenly we’re in the shit and the panic sets in. If we pick up a decent haul from those opening games it will be a different story, like it was last year

Looks like Hause playing the ball back to the keeper. First things first, I’m glad the players were getting more minutes after that awful pre season

Looks like Hause playing the ball back to the keeper. First things first, I’m glad the players were getting more minutes after that awful pre season

I think that’s Axel with the fade same haircut as Jacob Ramsey and looks to me Targett Was out wide left then came back and try to make the sliding block.

How can anyone in Watford late Saturday afternoon involved in the match then be at Anfield day after playing a game. Really?