Preseason Fixtures | Page 14 | Vital Football

Preseason Fixtures

The difference in the strikers was plain to see last night, i was watching Wesley and Davis, some nice balls were coming across and they showed no effort to get in there. Ollie would have busting a gut to get on the end of them, Davis needs to go out on loan, not sure how much time we give Wesley.

The other difference is the way Ollie anticipates the pass and moves to create space for himself before the pass is actually played. Sir Brian was on about it last night. It's what Ollie does all game; concentrates on what's happening and makes moves anticipating what is going to happen. It's a lot more than waiting for a pass to be played then trying to get on the end of it. Problem last season was not enough passes being played. May be different this season.

Guilbert played a glorious pass for Davis and he failed to get to it. It's what he does. Has to be loan or sell, surely.

My daughter walked in and thought I was watching an old game from the eighties. Are all the pre season games going to be broadcast in such a cringingly low rent way?

My son has been on to buy our seats for the Sevilla game apparently some bastard has already bought them, so he's got some further along the row WTF Villa.
This means we have probably nicked some other persons ST seat

update our seats are now available as the person who had clicked on them never bought them, so now we have nicked someone elses seats for no reason.
WTF are ST holder not buying their own seat , twats

Last edited:
My son has been on to buy our seats for the Sevilla game apparently some bastard has already bought them, so he's got some further along the row WTF Villa.

update our seats are now available as the person who had clicked on them never bought them, so now we have nicked someone elses seats for no reason.
I've just tried to buy ours.
I couldn't believe that they've not kept our seats for us .
Which silly arse thought this one through?

They are also open to people on the waiting list and Claret members so may well not be season ticket holders buying them. They should have given ST holders priority on their own seat for a couple of days or so?

They are also open to people on the waiting list and Claret members so may well not be season ticket holders buying them. They should have given ST holders priority on their own seat for a couple of days or so?
Yes I think it was ST holder the first day but it obviously doesn't reserve your own seat for some reason.
I get irate because my Granddaughter has Aspergers and doesn't like change and also the people around us know her and how strange she is, but strangers might say something they'll regret.

You thought that was bad (I was quite impressed with the quality and commentary). You should have seen it years ago, buffering constantly, awful commentary, poor picture quality, no halftime vids etc.
Maybe my standards have gone up with the standards generally on TV/internet. Perfectly happy for them to use one camera for these games but can't it be a really good one...say hd?

Agree about the season ticket holders malarkey. Can't see why they can't automatically assign you your own seat when you log in to purchase. Not sure about other clubs but we do seem to be behind the curve where technology is concerned.

Unable to make the game anyway but if I was I think I would be not bothering if I can't get my usual seat.

Weird way to do it.

Unable to make the game anyway but if I was I think I would be not bothering if I can't get my usual seat.

Weird way to do it.
we've sat around the same people for 17 years they know us we know them . Now we have to sit with strangers with a child who is likely to meltdown about her routine being changed.