Premier League Match Thread: Nottingham Forest Vs Manchester United, sponsored by Storm Gerrit | Page 17 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: Nottingham Forest Vs Manchester United, sponsored by Storm Gerrit

Turner made a couple of blinding saves, but was their 12th man apart from that. Weird game.
The reaction save from the Fernandes deflected shot was incredible. I think that’s the first time I’ve understood his reputation as a shot stopper. I also thought his handling was pretty good. But unless Nuno thinks he can improve Turner’s composure with the ball at his feet, we need to prioritise another keeper!

Man U fans are seething and it's wonderful. Same old nonsense though, which is that we weren't good but that Man U were shite. I think it's both.

Looking forward for Pope's and Wolf's feedback...from outside the atmosphere in the City Ground sounded electric...I bet no one more than those present would have enjoyed that win...

6 points from 2 games where 0 points was the sensible prediction.

ON THAT BASIMS, WE'RE STAYING UP

Wow wow wow

Man Utd aren't what they once were but this one feels special.

We beat Man Utd and we thoroughly deserved to because we were the better team.

The manager has to be praised here; his game plan was brilliant. It nullified almost all of Man Utd's threat in a way we simply never managed last season. He has gotten performances out of players who were not performing.

I believed in Cooper to the end, but once you start falling out with players and freezing them out it's the beginning of the end.

Dominguez and Montiel are two players who are just too damned good to be frozen out of any side. Montiel was immense today- to the extent I was really worried when we took him off. Dominguez I thought wasn't working first half because we had a CHO shaped hole ahead of Aina with no one in the space. But he won everything and scored the goal. It was a masterstroke.

Man Utd are shit. They played very averagely but, unlike with Newcastle where I felt they had a real off day and we punished them, I thought we made a massive contribution to Man Utd being shit today.

We were disciplined while still being ambitious and positive. Man Utd took 32 minutes to have a shot on target whilst we gave them constant problems.

We managed not to capitulate at the end of the half and came out second half flying. We were by far the better team and by the time we scored, it had been coming for ages and Man Utd had been hanging on. It was a superb goal- a lovely touch to Montiel, who turned and fed Dominguez in space.

This is a tale of two managers and their subs. Ten Hag took off Mainoo, who was ok, and went conservative with McTominay who was responsible for both our goals. He leaves Dominguez and then helps Dalot instead of marking MGW. Meanwhile, our subs helped us and worked.

We can say all we want about Turner. Nuno will replace him because he wants a keeper who can play with the ball at his feet and Turner is probably the worst keeper I have ever seen at that. I give massive respect though; he cost us the goal and even from the other end of the stadium he looked devastated. To come back from that, to make those saves afterwards and keep his head in the game takes fucking guts.

As the rest of the team showed. Man Utd didn't deserve their equaliser and they were level for minutes. An amazing counterattack with the superb Elanga feeding MGW, who didn't blast it into outer space but hit it sweetly right in front of me for a goal I will never forget.

Forest were absolutely brilliant today. We were positive, we were the better team and even when defending we controlled the game well. The players played with smiles on their faces.

Man City are the only one of the big clubs we haven't beaten since promotion now. This one really feels special .

Last edited:
Special mentions (could be the whole squad)

Ryan Yates. His name should be followed by a whistle whenever it is said, because he is sensational at winning free kicks whenever we need them. He was superb today. Did all his jobs, set up one of the goals with his run and his 83% passing accuracy belies the idea that his passing isn't good enough. Fernandes's passing was nowhere near that accurate.

Montiel- I thought was brilliant today. Looked even more assured than Lodi used to. Really, really top quality.

Aina- had a hard game because first half no one was in front of him and he had to find options out of nowhere. He did so well today and got the better of Wan-Bissaka loads of times

Dominguez- won everything everywhere. He is superb at recieving the ball, turning and moving it. That simple skill takes so much pressure off

Niakhate- so assured today. Went on some great runs with the ball and always finding a good pass.

Elanga- I'm still laughing that we got this lad for £15m and he's better than anyone Man Utd had out on the field today

I will 100% do a trawl through their forum tonight, it will be a treat. I'll give them chance to get back to London first though
I had a quick look at some of their posts and there are some who feel aggrieved that Gibbs White wasn't sent off. There are a number of United fans who feel they get some bad decisions......perhaps they forgot about the match at their place!