Premier League Match Thread: Newcastle United Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the PGMOL appeals panel | Page 27 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: Newcastle United Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by the PGMOL appeals panel

Totally get that he’s got to experiment to understand what he has, but Danilo and Sangare as a holding 2 is so ill-disciplined and will be totally dominated. It had to be Yates and Mangala

Oh, 'it had to be' did it, Mr Know All?

So what, we'd have won 5-1 if Yates and Mangala had started would we?

3-1 not good enough for you, eh? Hmm? Well? ANSWER ME

Love you x

Coops will always command respect and gratitude for what he’s achieved and rightfully included in the Forest hall of fame alongside Frank Clark and Brian Clough.

However we were facing the second relegation battle in 2 years. The definition of insanity is to try the same things and expect a different result. He was torn between loyalty to his favourites and selecting more talented footballers. I believe he was also torn between the low block counter offensive attacking system, and a more expansive possession based style that was his preferred style. As results went south, confidence dropped and maybe he lost the players.

As much as we loved him, he had to go. Let’s give him credit for laying the foundations for nuno to take us to the next level. Thanks coops for everything you’ve done for us, and I’m quite sure you will find success with the next challenge that you face. A team like WBA or Middlesbrough will surely love you to rebuild their futures. You won’t be unemployed for long.

No, and perhaps people should stop pretending it's an easy place to go and that it's a criminal offence to lose a 2-0 lead there
Not sure why anyone ever thought it was. Man Utd are 3 goals better than us, end of. The fans have no right, whoever is manager, to be pissed off losing at Old Trafford.

We only ever really have a right to be pissed off at losing leads to teams below/around us

Not sure why anyone ever thought it was. Man Utd are 3 goals better than us, end of. The fans have no right, whoever is manager, to be pissed off losing at Old Trafford.

We only ever really have a right to be pissed off at losing leads to teams below/around us

Brighton, Palace and Bournemouth have all won at Old Trafford, it's still incredibly difficult, but not impossible.

I'll always hate giving away 2 goal leads, no matter who we play. It didn't help that we did it on my birthday (16th, as is claimed).

Eriksen is the main man for me, we've no chance if we don't shut him down.

Anyway, we have Chris Wood so they'll be shitting themselves.

Coops will always command respect and gratitude for what he’s achieved and rightfully included in the Forest hall of fame alongside Frank Clark and Brian Clough.

However we were facing the second relegation battle in 2 years. The definition of insanity is to try the same things and expect a different result. He was torn between loyalty to his favourites and selecting more talented footballers. I believe he was also torn between the low block counter offensive attacking system, and a more expansive possession based style that was his preferred style. As results went south, confidence dropped and maybe he lost the players.

As much as we loved him, he had to go. Let’s give him credit for laying the foundations for nuno to take us to the next level. Thanks coops for everything you’ve done for us, and I’m quite sure you will find success with the next challenge that you face. A team like WBA or Middlesbrough will surely love you to rebuild their futures. You won’t be unemployed for long.
Turns out that tactics thing not too hard. If you have Awoniyi playing, the team can play further back, get the ball to him and he can run and score. If Chris Wood is the main striker, the team has to play further up the pitch as he cannot run, so get wingers alongside him then give him the ball and he cannot run, but can score.

No team this season has given our midfielders the space Newcastle gave us. Time and time again.

Not quite sure what happened

Not complaining though

We would score 3 goals away every game if teams give us so much time and space on the ball

It was like every time we got the ball we had acres of space to exploit?
"Not quite sure what happened"

Nuno explained all after the game.

He identified the space created by Newcastle's press and got the defenders to pass the ball into that space; CHO, Elanga and MGW made the most of the space and Wood's did the rest.

It will not be so easy when we play a side who have an half decent six in their midfield, but I'm sure Nuno will cross that bridge when he gets to it.

One more game and Nuno then has three weeks with the squad until the next game; that should be plenty of time to get us into some kind of shape.

I agree.

In every game I have seen they have been really lucky. Balls falling for them and individual mistakes by the opposition that you don't normally see.

Even by Sheffield United standards, it's extraordinary that they gifted them all three goals; the worst ever catastrophe by Foderingham, an own goal and then that calamity.

I've never seen three luckier goals in a game.
I've seen plenty of dubious VAR calls as well for them.

Clubs will get wise to them lumping it into the air and sooner or later realise that Barkley and Townsend are not washouts and need marshalling

Burnley losing now after 5 minutes. We need them to stick with Kompany as long as possible

Blades are finished.
Stop Poping other teams! Do it to us.

Well well Well, those fully indoctrinated in the cult of SC should probably look away- vomit inducing, yada yada, no apology yada yada.

Yes I liked Cooper, thought it was understandable but perhaps early. On the basis of today, maybe he should have walked away a month earlier.

Forest fired today and we finally got a glimpse of the team we want to see! This squad DOES have potential!

some very nice passages of play and a fooking hammer blow to everyone from Everton downwards. This team will not be going anywhere.

Come from.behind, check
Score goals, check
Defend 2 goal lead, check
Away win, check

Only clean sheet missing.

Carry on like this and it will be Steve who...

Sorry but it will never be Steve who. SC did a sterling job of getting us into the PL but but that appears to be the limit of his experience in this league.
He did a great job at that time.