Premier League Match Thread: Luton Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by peace, love and harmony on this forum | Page 31 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: Luton Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by peace, love and harmony on this forum

Given we're definitely relegated, Williams will have EPL clubs sniffing around him, considering his upturn in form and confidence.

Obviously, we'd have to accept a lower figure for his transfer, so i reckon 10-12m could do it.

Given we're definitely relegated, Williams will have EPL clubs sniffing around him, considering his upturn in form and confidence.

Obviously, we'd have to accept a lower figure for his transfer, so i reckon 10-12m could do it.
If we go down those players we have under contract their potential transfer fees will not be affected by £1 if they want out

If Mangala is a £30m transfer while we’re in the prem and he has years under contract, he’s still a £30m player in the championship

If Williams leaves and we go down, and he’s still
Starting games and playing like he is, his fee is no less than £20m and likely higher due to his age

If we go down those players we have under contract their potential transfer fees will not be affected by £1 if they want out

If Mangala is a £30m transfer while we’re in the prem and he has years under contract, he’s still a £30m player in the championship

Starting games and playing like he is, his fee is no less than £20m and likely higher due to his age
Ermmmmm that all depends whats in their contracts chap.

Disturbingly, I read on another forum, a player not in the current 25 reckoned non of the current crop have relegation clauses.

When Z reads that he's gonna have a kiniption.

Why would we sell an improving player for a loss?

Disturbingly, I read on another forum, a player not in the current 25 reckoned non of the current crop have relegation clauses.

Probably suggests we mean to try to hang on to most of them for at least a season to try to get back straight away. It only becomes a problem if we fail & we can't move them on at that stage & the parachute payments stop

Probably suggests we mean to try to hang on to most of them for at least a season to try to get back straight away. It only becomes a problem if we fail & we can't move them on at that stage & the parachute payments stop
Well if we hang on to them, we Will have one hell of a wage bill.

That would be shameful and exceptionally dangerous management of the club

If it were a decision between having a relegation clause or not having the player, I'd rather not have the player. No matter who it is

Hmm, think about it...

Players want out, but they're under contract. Who holds the power in this relationship?
Its not the clubs; its the players and agents.

Couple this to a further points penalty (don't forget, we were over the threshold when last in the champs) and there will 105% be a firesale.

Reckon:

Murillo - 15m
MGW - 20m
Danilo - 10m
Williams - 12m
Dominguez - 10m
Awoniyi - 10m
CHO - 1m
Elanga - 15m

Put it this way, anyone thinking there is a 50m+ sale with our useless Prima Doners needs to take their head out of their arse.

Will Warnock be able to rebuild a champs winning side with 5m or so to spend? Fingers crossed he can!

Thats a whole other story. If we are down and their are no relegation clauses the potential buying club would still need to be offering PL wages if there was a clause or not. As someone said, we would likely be ok for a year with parachute payments, but MGW and Murillo would be off for substantial fee increases to offset some of this for 1 year

Have you not absorbed the wisdom of the posters in this thread: all im doing, buddy, is collating their brain power and football knowledge in a tasty morsel.

Don't shoot the messenger, eh?

normally I would agree but in this instance I think we can dispense with the advice. shoot the messenger!

Hmm, think about it...

Players want out, but they're under contract. Who holds the power in this relationship?
Its not the clubs; its the players and agents.

Couple this to a further points penalty (don't forget, we were over the threshold when last in the champs) and there will 105% be a firesale.

Reckon:

Murillo - 15m
MGW - 20m
Danilo - 10m
Williams - 12m
Dominguez - 10m
Awoniyi - 10m
CHO - 1m
Elanga - 15m

Put it this way, anyone thinking there is a 50m+ sale with our useless Prima Doners needs to take their head out of their arse.

Will Warnock be able to rebuild a champs winning side with 5m or so to spend? Fingers crossed he can!
Thank God you're nowhere near making decisions in my business lol...

Jesus Christ, those fees by and large are laughable mate. I would agree on Danilo, the rest of the fee summations don't warrant a reply

Who did we sell for a loss this season..?
This is NFFC in the EPL, matey.

As said, given we're relegated things will change.

Massive debts, points penalties, no nuno, bloated hugely expensive squad, no relegation clauses...it all points towards Everything Must Go.

This is NFFC in the EPL, matey.

As said, given we're relegated things will change.

Massive debts, points penalties, no nuno, bloated hugely expensive squad, no relegation clauses...it all points towards Everything Must Go.
we have around 12 players either on loan or out of contract by June 1