PREMIER LEAGUE 2023/24 SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW | Page 260 | Vital Football

PREMIER LEAGUE 2023/24 SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW

I suspect Dean and his cronies got a bumper contract from the Tories as they’ve been pulling funding for the National Hippo Service for years. I heard a story of one hippo having to wait for 19 hours in a cafe. Not so bad you might think? Toothache. Wasn’t able to eat a cake or a sausage cob.

They need to be held account for it
Although they would struggle with solids they could opt for a hippo hippo shake at the cafe chap.

Back on topic please

If we sell Brennan Johnson, Forest won’t feel the same. There’s something about having him here, one of us, connects us fans to the team. It’ll be very sad.

Also, how do homegrown players ever get the chance in the prem? I’m not trusting Mighten with Luton Town

I understand that fees are spread out and but to be sustainable maybe we need to accept another relegation dogfight for one or two more seasons to shape our squad before we go spending large amounts of unsustainable money. In the least lets be prudent and wait till Jan before a panic sale of BJ.

My main point is if we sell BJ it should be to a top side not a tinpot brentford team.

I think we would definitely get more than £10m for player sales given we already have £5m for Surridge, £2.5m on table for panzo and denis/freuler would command at least £12m combined. That would be enough to cover hendo at least!
Last seasons spending spree was necessary, and even though a number of players did not work out, it was a success.

This seasons acquisitions are more targeted, but there will still be someone amongst them who will be classed as a failure.

No club gets everything right on transfers.

We are not in a bad position as far as P & S goes, certainly not like Wolves or Everton, but that does not mean we can be carefree with the spending.

The bomb squad will diminish at the end of the season when a lot of players we have been trying to offload for a while will have their contracts up

This week should see the Hendo and Jakobs deals finalised. All eyes turn to DM position. The three in the frame are Adams £20m, Ndidi£20m and Sangarre £37m. Adams cannot play due to injury till Oct. That alone puts him out of picture. Forest play PSV and most will be available to meet and at least get ball rolling. The story is Sangarre is less keen so a chance for Cooper and Co charm offensive. Sangarre looks a beast and would fit our style. Only question is ability in premiership as other two options have played and are known quantity. I feel Sangarre could be better than Caceido. Bigger, stronger but older.

This week should see the Hendo and Jakobs deals finalised. All eyes turn to DM position. The three in the frame are Adams £20m, Ndidi£20m and Sangarre £37m. Adams cannot play due to injury till Oct. That alone puts him out of picture. Forest play PSV and most will be available to meet and at least get ball rolling. The story is Sangarre is less keen so a chance for Cooper and Co charm offensive. Sangarre looks a beast and would fit our style. Only question is ability in premiership as other two options have played and are known quantity. I feel Sangarre could be better than Caceido. Bigger, stronger but older.
I take it we've just given up on Amrabat. Has he gone somewhere else?

I've a feeling we might get Yates to play Adams role until October, rather than plump for Ndidi. Still hoping for Sangare though.

To be fair, you can see why the club want Sangare

Screenshot_20230729_091905_Samsung Internet.jpg
The sort of player you can spend £35m on and it be perfectly likely you could get nearly double that later

Is it sensible to commit to buying Dean Henderson after his long lay off for injury? Some players are never quite the same when they return.
A better way would be to have the option to buy him after a trial period.

A lot depends on the injury itself. Is it something that the playe will recover fully from? Or is it an injury that leaves a weakness?

We are doing the right thing by being cautious, particularly as we are the only suitor but Man Ure are also within their rights to want certainty in the deal.

The issue is also clouded by us not being secure in the division yet. Even if we get the players we want, this season is most likely to be another battle against relegation.

Even with all that though I would guess the compromise will be something that ends up with us ‘buying’ him in January.

I'm beginning to think we should move on from Henderson.
We need 2 keepers unless Hennessey is happy to be the 2nd choice.
Definitely a Left back, dominant centre half and central midfielder. Plus a striker understudy to Awoniyi.
If Johnson is sold then we need to replace him as well.