Premier League 2019-2020 | Here We Come | Action Plan | Page 3 | Vital Football

Premier League 2019-2020 | Here We Come | Action Plan

I would say Elphick, Hutton, Nyland, Whelan, Adomah, Green, Kodjia, Lansbury, Thor, should all be finding new homes as we need better. Maybe even Chester, Taylor, Elmo.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the last three mentioned might be kept as cover.

I’m a bit 50/50 on El Ghazi - needs to improve on end product and feature more actively in some games. Maybe, Smith will consider Kent and Lolley?

Somehow, I doubt Smith will blow through a big budget a la Bruce. He seems more considered and I doubt he nor the owners will go down the old duffers route.

Kalvin Phillips and Isaac Hayden are getting mentions in the deeper midfield roles. Wouldn't be unhappy with either or both.

Worst thing we can do after promotion is destroy the squad in the search for “better players”.

I’d try and keep as many of our first team together as possible, even if some of them will only be used as squad players

We need to identify maybe 3 key positions and strengthen properly with top quality, assuming we also sign all or most of the loan players and not faffing around trying to rebuild an entire new squad.

Last season Wolves brought in 8, Cardiff 6 and Fulham 12.

Those stats don’t explain everything, but Fulham went in really heavy with recruitment, left out most of their Championship midfield and, well, struggled.

If we can secure 3 or 4 of the loanees, potentially a LB, DM, LW & another striker, that may be enough.

Still think there are a lot that need to be moved on out though.

We are NOT going here:-

Where play-off winners finished in their first season after promotion

2018 Fulham 19th relegated
2017 Huddersfield Town 16th (relegated this season)
2016 Hull City 18th relegated
2015 Norwich City 19th relegated
2014 QPR 20th relegated
2011 Swansea 11th (relegated 2018)
2010 Blackpool 19th relegated
2009 Burnley 18th relegated

Assuming we sign Mings, El Ghazi and Hause, we need:

Striker x2
Right wing x 2
Left wing 1
DM 1
LB 1

Anyone who was a squad player last season can be moved on.

Christ, some of these so called experts haven't a bloody clue....still harping on, on Talkshite this morning about Grealish possibly leaving for a 'bigger' club!, can we keep hold of McGinn?...etc....As if Jack would leave now he's actually got us back to the Prem.....they think the world revolves around the 'big clubs'.....and how everyone else is there simply to make up the numbers. Most of them are so uninformed they don't really know how well funded we could now be.....wouldn't you just love to build like Man City and eventually piss on the 'big boys' parade....welcome back to the Prem...forgotten how much it does my head in!

We are NOT going here:-

Where play-off winners finished in their first season after promotion

2018 Fulham 19th relegated
2017 Huddersfield Town 16th (relegated this season)
2016 Hull City 18th relegated
2015 Norwich City 19th relegated
2014 QPR 20th relegated
2011 Swansea 11th (relegated 2018)
2010 Blackpool 19th relegated
2009 Burnley 18th relegated
I don't believe any of the above teams could be considered as Premiership class, unlike the Villa who have the base to still be a top Premiership Club, as I am an old Fart I consider most if not all in the list to be old 2nd, 3rd and 4th Division sides with delusions of grandeur, well above their station. We have a firmer base of Capital, Players and the ability to fill Villa Park with over 40,000 very game unlike those in the list.

Christ, some of these so called experts haven't a bloody clue....still harping on, on Talkshite this morning about Grealish possibly leaving for a 'bigger' club!, can we keep hold of McGinn?...etc....As if Jack would leave now he's actually got us back to the Prem.....they think the world revolves around the 'big clubs'.....and how everyone else is there simply to make up the numbers. Most of them are so uninformed they don't really know how well funded we could now be.....wouldn't you just love to build like Man City and eventually piss on the 'big boys' parade....welcome back to the Prem...forgotten how much it does my head in!

Yesterday summed it up - all Frank v John. Bloody rude to Smith. Jim Shite clearly wanted Frank leading his young lads into the big time - total sensationalism.

I'd do everything to get Mings signed up ASAP along with Hause and El Ghazi. Be great if we could get Axel as well but plenty of talk about Ole wanting to have a look at him. I genuinely cant see us having any chance of getting Tammy, unless Chelski somehow wriggle out of their transfer ban.
I'd guess as well as the above we also need another CB, LB, CM, winger and a CF. Think we need to be careful not to off load too many players, there is a strong spirit within this group at the moment and we dont want to break it.

Any thoughts on asking Leeds for Clark and Shackleton? Young, hungry with pace and a good touch.

Mings , Axel , El Ghazi and Hause I would be looking to buy. Tammy I am not fussed about.

Agree with GGS , wouldn't like to break the group up too much given the bond they have , but there must be question marks over the likes of Hourihane , Elmo and Whelan at Premier League level.

Mings , Axel , El Ghazi and Hause I would be looking to buy. Tammy I am not fussed about.

Agree with GGS , wouldn't like to break the group up too much given the bond they have , but there must be question marks over the likes of Hourihane , Elmo and Whelan at Premier League level.

We need to remember what happened when the squad of 82 was broken up.

Love to see us get Jack Clarke from Leeds, he looks like he's going to be a top player. I wouldnt be surprised if the majority of our signings are foreign players that most of us have never heard of though.
Whenever we go for an English player the fee seems to be double for what you can get from abroad.. Lets hope Pitarch and Juanfran will now be earning their money and unearthing some up and coming talent at value prices

If there was a opportunity to get Etheridge from Cardiff, personally I'd consider it. He was the 4th top scoring goalie in this year's fantasy football, keeping 10 clean sheets (#6 in league), saving 3 penalties (joint top with Pickford) and 2nd in the total number of saves.

Given that Cardiff went down, there's a good chance that someone will pick him up in the Prem.

As for Jack, I can't see him leaving through choice and I can't see the club selling him. Perhaps in a few years if he's turned into a world class player (I know he's good, but I mean Hazard / Sane / Salah level), then it may be hard to keep him if we're mid-table. But that's tomorrow's problem.

One thing is for sure, we need to recruit well in the summer, otherwise we'll struggle to stay up, which lets face it - reality is that of the 3 clubs that came up last year, 2 went back down. But Wolves have proved that you can buy you way into the prem with good decisions.

One thing for sure is that the Midfield is pretty decent, McGinn, Grealish and El Ghazi are a decent core, but we do need better cover. Defensively we need a couple of players there and I'd assume we won't get Tammy due to Chelsea's Transfer ban, even if we do get him on Loan again, we'd always be nervous incase he got recalled if they had any injury issues and leave us without a recognised striker.

I suspect we'll get a few loan players again if FFP is an issue, only buying if we can get the quality in key positions.

But anyway, we'll give it our best shot and as long as we finish above 18th, I don't really care where we finish on the first year back. Obviously higher the better, but we need to do it the Wolves way, rather than the Fulham way!

UTV!

Delph would be perfect - now older and defensive midfield is probably where he needs to be now, has played LB for the last 18 months.

He is STILL in the England squad today, even with some quality players in his position not picked (like Winks) - that is how good he is, and I think we forget that.

Apparently available - its a total no-brainer