Pre Season Starts! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Pre Season Starts!

I didn't know BBC Radio Lincs were doing the friendlies.
From ifollow:
For this club, it seems that we only provide an audio pass so that is currently the only way to access the game.

I suppose it could be BBC Radio Norfolk, or Kings Lynn themselves providing the commentary.

From ifollow:
For this club, it seems that we only provide an audio pass so that is currently the only way to access the game.

I suppose it could be BBC Radio Norfolk, or Kings Lynn themselves providing the commentary.
Michael Hortin did say they would be covering more at the friendlies

Next available match - Rotherham 29 July

When you go to ifollow on weareimps.

The "it seems" answer from ifollow doesn't fill you with confidence...

...will be happy to be proved wrong but not holding my breath awaiting commentary on a friendly in King's Lynn.

Good afternoon,

To confirm there will not be commentary on iFollow Imps for this fixture, but there will be live social media updates followed by a match report, highlights and reaction on merit. This will be the case for all pre-season games.

We have confirmed the Rotherham fixture will. be available for streaming, and hope to add one more away friendly to that roster. We're awaiting sign-off on this and will confirm in an update on official channels on Wednesday so everyone has a definitive list of how to follow the remaining games.

Luke (communications manager)

Alfreton Town 1 BURTON 4 (Chauke, Gordon, Walker, Carayol)
BFC Siofok 2 WIGAN 3 (Humphrys 2, McManaman)
Bognor Regis Town 1 PORTSMOUTH 1 (Morrell – pen)
Cardiff City 2 BRISTOL RVS 1 (Sinclair) (two 60-minute games, 1-1, 1-0)
Curzon Ashton 1 BOLTON 3 (Dacres-Cogley, Jones, Jerome)
Gretna 0 CARLISLE 7 (Garner, Gibson, Robinson, McCalmont, Park, Nugent, OG)
Hitchin Town 0 STEVENAGE 3 (Reid 2, Forster-Caskey)
King’s Lynn Town 1 LINCOLN 1 (Mandroiu)
Mousehole 0 EXETER 8 (Harper 2, Nombe, Aitchison, Beardmore, Cox, Cole, Borges)
NORTHAMPTON 2 (Bowie, Jenkins) Southampton U23 4
PETERBOROUGH 2 (Poku, Tomlinson) Leicester City 1
PORT VALE 1 (Harrison) Burnley 3
Supermarine 0 CHELTENHAM 6 (Willcox 2, Ferry, Horton, King, Olayinka)

Pre-season minutes updated after the King's Lynn game:

130: Oisin Gallagher
110: Elicha Ahui
90: Jay Benn, Hayden Cann, Dylan Duffy, Ethan Erhahon, Reeco Hackett, Ben House, Lukas Jensen, Michael-John Kamson-Kamara, Charley Kendall, Jovon Makama, Danny Mandroiu, Paudie O'Connor, Sean Roughan, Alistair Smith, Lasse Sorensen, Morgan Worsfold-Gregg, Jordan Wright
75: TJ Eyoma
45: Jaden Brown, Julian Donnery, Adam Jackson
0: Teddy Bishop, Hakeeb Adelakun

Wednesday
FLEETWOOD 0 Hearts 2

Friday
Arsenal U21 0 WYCOMBE 1 (Mellor)
CHARLTON 1 (May) LEYTON ORIENT 1 (Drinan)
Gosport Borough 1 PORTSMOUTH 3 (Morrell, Jewitt-White, Ojo)
Luton Town 3 PETERBOROUGH 1 (Clarke-Harris)

Saturday
Bath City 0 EXETER 0
BLACKPOOL 1 (Lavery – pen) Plymouth Argyle 2
Boston United 0 LINCOLN 7 (Mandroiu 2 [1 pen], Brown, Hackett, House, Kendall, Cann)
Brentford B 0 BRISTOL RVS 1 (Sinclair – pen)
Chester 1 BOLTON 1 (Thomason)
Crewe Alexandra 2 BURTON 2 (Stockton, Sweeney)
Havant & Waterlooville 0 PORTSMOUTH 1 (Ojo)
Kidsgrove Athletic 0 PORT VALE 2 (Plant, Sang - pen)
Newcastle Town 0 PORT VALE 0 (Vale squad split between the two games)
NORTHAMPTON 0 Leicester City 1
OXFORD 3 (Bodin, O’Donkor, Trialist) Southampton B 1
Salford City 1 DERBY 1 (Mendez-Laing)
St Albans City 1 CAMBRIDGE 3 (Dunk, Njoku, Janneh)
Stamford 2 STEVENAGE 1 (Forster-Caskey)
Sutton United 2 READING 0
Tranmere Rovers 4 FLEETWOOD 1 (Hayes)
West Bromwich Albion 3 SHREWSBURY 1 (Bowman)
Weston-super-Mare 1 CHELTENHAM 2 (Davies, Street – pen)
Workington 0 CARLISLE 3 (Ellis, McCalmont, Gibson)

Last edited:
Pre-season minutes updated after the Boston game:

180 Lukas Jensen
160 Oisin Gallagher
150 Ethan Erhahon, Reeco Hackett, Ben House, Danny Mandroiu, Paudie O'Connor, Sean Roughan, Alistair Smith, Lasse Sorensen
140 Elicha Ahui
135 TJ Eyoma
120 Jay Benn, Hayden Cann, Dylan Duffy, Charley Kendall, Jovon Makama, Morgan Worsfold-Gregg
105 Jaden Brown
90 Michael-John Kamson-Kamara, Jordan Wright
75 Adam Jackson
45 Julian Donnery
30 Teddy Bishop
0 Hakeeb Adelakun, Tyler Walker

And... apparently...

BARNSLEY 1 (Norwood) Leeds United 9
Barnsley are trying to sweep this under the footballing carpet by trying to ignore that it happened, assisted by the fact that it was played behind closed doors. However, it appears that both clubs fielded their strongest elevens with substitutions as the second half progressed. Barnsley actually took the lead through our petulant old friend James Norwood.

Oops... 1-5 at half-time.

And... 1-9 at full-time, Leeds scorers Mateo Joseph 4, Crysencio Summerville 2, Joe Gelhardt, Georginio Rutter, Max Wöber.

Barnsley fans are trying to ignore the result because pre-season friendlies are all about getting minutes. Does anyone really believe that?

Of course the result matters. It can be an indication of attitude, of the progress of tactical change, of the progress of player integration, as a measurement of how closely aligned the players are to the management philosophy, and so much more.

To lose 9-1 at home to a side from the division immediately above you, regardless of the timing of the game, is acutely embarrassing.

What a pity we aren't playing Barnsley on the opening day... I am sure Port Vale will be salivating.

I certainly believe the results are irrelevant. I suspect if you offered MK a string of defeats in pre-season but everyone comes through unscathed and raring to go he would take that in a heartbeat... as would I