Pre-Season Friendlies | Page 5 | Vital Football

Pre-Season Friendlies

Going off your report KDZ, I do hope Leam reverts back to the 3 5 2. Unless he plans on playing the 4 2 3 1 away from home.

Hit the bar twice, a couple of decent saves from the keeper, and a couple of chances just wide ... it doesn't seem like the formation did us any harm last night.

We win and lose with whichever formation we line up in. It really isn't the be all and end all.

Going off your report KDZ, I do hope Leam reverts back to the 3 5 2. Unless he plans on playing the 4 2 3 1 away from home.

I imagine we will want tot switch back and forth between both depending on the opposition. I think you can play either effectively but personally I think we've generally been better with 3-5-2.

We're always a threat on set pieces and virtually all our chances came from them last night we just need to work on how we break down teams in open play if they get behind the ball.

Next level,up. Big step,for players
But it wasn't a "level up" for him this time last year. He scored goals for fun. So was Charlie Wyke before his awful day. Langy didn't do too bad either. In fact, we ended up being the league's (joint) top goal scorers.

Fans writing off either individual players or even the whole team before a ball's been kicked seems to me to simply be a line in the sand for a future "I told you so". The thing is, there are loads of lines drawn that never seem to get revisited, as no-one ever seems to want to say that they got it wrong.

Scoring goals at league one level is a lot easier than in the championship ask Will Grigg For as many as Keane scored last season he missed as many. My thoughts. And a few I go for a drink with think the same.

You miss my point I think John. Whilst I acknowledge that we're going up a level, there were some (you amongst them ?) who thought that there weren't enough goals in us - or Keane - last season. They were proven wrong.

I suspect they will be this season too.

By the way, drinking with others who share your opinion doesn't make any of you right. Doesn't make you wrong either, obviously ... but it's no ratification of an opinion.

Your right it’s what football is all about. But history tells us we will find it hard work. Look at that season in the championship. Peterborough was the lowest goal scorers. The the season before. Top goal scorers. Massive step up championship football, But we will soon find out. And I’m looking forward to it. Better football. More away fans. We are a small club in with the big boys.

We've got a few players who have the experience of playing in the Championship before. Plus of course, Richardson has the experience of coaching at that level for a couple of seasons ... staying up (shitty circumstances excepted) both times.

I'm not saying it'll be easy ... far from it ... but like you, I'm looking forward to it.
(y)

The 3 5 2 allows us to use shinnie naylor power in 1 team.

Keane and lang up top as we did in Plymouth game.
It also gets the best out of James McClean playing as a wing back although it may be too much for him to be pegging it up and down the wing for 90 odd minutes.

No Charlie Wyke or Nayambi today. I'm watching from Ballinamallard in the West of Northern Ireland today

We have been really really poor so far. Much of the same from last year where we can’t string two passes together and rely on the hopeless hoof forward.

Think we will struggle this season without some tactical changes and/or additional recruits.

We have been really really poor so far. Much of the same from last year where we can’t string two passes together and rely on the hopeless hoof forward.

Think we will struggle this season without some tactical changes and/or additional recruits.
Couldn’t agree more. Truly shocking so far. I fear it’s going to be a long season

I saw the lineup and assumed it will be the case, Wednesday have much better style of play and players suited to it, where our lineup is all about hoofball which is apparent as soon as we get the ball, I do think this will be a reason why Shinnie will be very important for us this season

No Charlie Wyke or Nayambi today. I'm watching from Ballinamallard in the West of Northern Ireland today
That is a haunt of mine Zakky, stayed in ballinamallard lots of times, we used rent the white bungalow straight facing the entrance to the football ground many years ago then a house further into town near the church on Main Street, what are you doing there ?