Pre match protest on Tuesday | Page 12 | Vital Football

Pre match protest on Tuesday

I see on some of the other forums some fans are protesting that Mr Scally has a new BMW? Good luck to him, no problem with that but some fans have to make do with a Ford Anglia :cry:.
A BMW? Poor bugger, if he paid himself a little extra he could’ve got a Merc

I see on some of the other forums some fans are protesting that Mr Scally has a new BMW? Good luck to him, no problem with that but some fans have to make do with a Ford Anglia :cry:.
I think the point is, if this true,ordering a new car of that value is at odds with the ’cutting our cloth accordingly’ line that he trots out regularly,generally as an excuse for not being able to sign certain players.

I think the point is, if this true,ordering a new car of that value is at odds with the ’cutting our cloth accordingly’ line that he trots out regularly,generally as an excuse for not being able to sign certain players.
Do you think the car belongs to GFC or is PDPS personal car paid for by himself?

I know where my money is as he wouldn’t want to pay the tax on a company car.

is the man not entitled to spend his money without criticism- yet again more bullshit to stir up conjecture falsehood for others to believe and foster further hatred

Do you think the car belongs to GFC or is PDPS personal car paid for by himself?

I know where my money is as he wouldn’t want to pay the tax on a company car.

is the man not entitled to spend his money without criticism- yet again more bullshit to stir up conjecture falsehood for others to believe and foster further hatred
i was waiting for a half witted response like that although not as quick.
As I said in the post, which you obviously ignored because you couldn’t wait to pile in.
If its true ..he’s picked a poor time to do so i.e to take delivery just to spell it out.
So as an another example of poor PR of which I guess most of us are aware he’s not very good at.
So.. that means to explain, he’s going to invite even more criticism of himself at this current juncture and clearly has done so judging by whats been said about this over the last few days.
Whether its his car or GFC’s is irrelevant but public displays of extravagance by the owner are currently misplaced. Particularly when Club money troubles are top of the agenda permanently.
No one should know how he spends his money or care even though we know how much he pays himself.

i was waiting for a half witted response like that although not as quick.
As I said in the post, which you obviously ignored because you couldn’t wait to pile in.
If its true ..he’s picked a poor time to do so i.e to take delivery just to spell it out.
So as an another example of poor PR of which I guess most of us are aware he’s not very good at.
So.. that means to explain, he’s going to invite even more criticism of himself at this current juncture and clearly has done so judging by whats been said about this over the last few days.
Whether its his car or GFC’s is irrelevant but public displays of extravagance by the owner are currently misplaced. Particularly when Club money troubles are top of the agenda permanently.
No one should know how he spends his money or care even though we know how much he pays himself.

pointless exercise mate obviously.

I can spend my cash how I like why should he be scrutinised, maybe he shops at M&S but should go elsewhere like Poundland to keep people like you happy

I'll actually stand up for Scally here...

If PS wants to buy a nice BMW car with his own money that he works hard for then let him. Further, why are some Gills fans so obsessed with Scally that they even find out the information that he's got a new car, get a life comes to mind!

He's a football club owner, obviously he's gonna have a nice car, would we expect him to drive around on an electric scooter?

I'll actually stand up for Scally here...

If PS wants to buy a nice BMW car with his own money that he works hard for then let him. Further, why are some Gills fans so obsessed with Scally that they even find out the information that he's got a new car, get a life comes to mind!

He's a football club owner, obviously he's gonna have a nice car, would we expect him to drive around on an electric scooter?

obviously some half witted people do

Reading all of those self-important statements from supporters weeks ago when they all took screenshots of what they’ve written in their notepad apps I got the impression people wanted Scally out as he had taken the club as far as he can, and we needed more investment to take us to the next level. That’s just my interpretation. You know by now that I disagree with the reliance of owner’s money to artificially inflate our playing budget above our total revenue.

It only seems as an afterthought that people would mention Scally’s business and PR acumen. Like I said before, it reminds me of a woman with her mates in the bar discussing her husband’s habits of leaving the toilet seat up and leaving the empty toilet rolls on the holder, only after divorcing him after he cheated on her with her sister.

But that’s not to ignore Scally’s poor decisions over recent years. Refusing to acknowledge supporters’ rights to a refund? Poor. Could he have expressed how he understands the law but that supporter refunds will further damage the club’s finances? Yes.

Should he have called fans cancer (years after the Scally Out leader began his boycott)? No. Should he tell supporters to fuck off to Charlton? Depends who. The normal support who he wouldn’t have aimed it at? No. Those who pay their money but then sing Scally Out early on in games after being dickheads in town prior to the game? Yeah, fuck off. Those who dedicate their sad lives to replying negatively to each Gills social media post? Sure.

Scally fucks everyone off at times but I don’t believe cumulatively that the outcome of these should be for us to hound him out in favour of some mystical new owner, who takes the form of our positive imaginations.

it gets me how Kent Messenger/Online don’t spend five minutes looking into a supporter before making them a martyr/putting them in the firing line.

I’m a hypocrite as 10-15 years ago I was saying exactly the things that Dom typed in his tweets. Angry vile stuff as I was unhappy with the direction of the club while also pissed off with Scally wanting to change the home kit to white, calling us twisted pretenders, fucking to the Priestfield redevelopment with woeful project management and thinking a golden spoon banqueting and conference facility is viable in the middle of a town housing estate with poor road links and parking. The banning of Alan Liptrott and alienation of a well-intentioned supporters club.

Nothing against the average fan who wants Scally Out, I disagree but then again we probably disagree on formations etc. I’m neither Scally in nor out personally, I believe we can do better without him and I believe we can do worse. I just disagree with the reasoning and methods.

I won’t support a Scally Out group which is led by the damaging Fred/Graham Perry, and cheerled by a football firm. It scuppers my enjoyment of football and awaydays, and it damages the club as the toxic atmosphere puts people off going and affects our revenue.

People don’t want to go to games for three reasons:
- they don’t enjoy the day anymore
- we’re currently shit
- they’re boycotting

I have doubts over how many people fall into the third category, and refuse to lump those not going for the other two reasons as boycotters or Scally Outers.

Sod it, I’m as bored typing this as you probably are reading it. I’m having a pint.

Good post Trev, we might have a slight difference of opinion but you make your points well and I agree in that I would rather Scally than Fred Perry in charge that's for sure mate!

I do want change but don't agree with some of the methods you mention either 👍🏻

pointless exercise mate obviously.

I can spend my cash how I like why should he be scrutinised, maybe he shops at M&S but should go elsewhere like Poundland to keep people like you happy
Quite..well done Oscar
Noone cares what you do or me but its not about us is it ?
I saw Scally going into M&S for his weekly food shop too, bastard should be shopping at Lidl.
Theres the other one ! Hardly the same is it 🤣

I saw Scally going into M&S for his weekly food shop too, bastard should be shopping at Lidl.

Theres the other one ! Hardly the same is it 🤣

You’re right, it’s not the same. Maybe a better comparison would be “PS still lives in that detached mansion, he should flog it and move to a bedsit above the kebab shop in the high street”

Come on Billy. He’s got his faults, and plenty to beat him with. But spending his money on a car ain’t it, ffs.

You’re right, it’s not the same. Maybe a better comparison would be “PS still lives in that detached mansion, he should flog it and move to a bedsit above the kebab shop in the high street”

Come on Billy. He’s got his faults, and plenty to beat him with. But spending his money on a car ain’t it, ffs.
Sorry Rob thats just daft.Its the timing of it thats careless. You must see that what i’m saying ? is that he’s scored enough own goals recently ( apologies JT ) and doesn't need to give anyone who wants him out more ammunition and parking a new BMW in the car park gives the haters more bullets..
thats all..
Anyway ,unlucky Gills today that was cruel

Sorry Rob thats just daft.Its the timing of it thats careless. You must see that what i’m saying ? is that he’s scored enough own goals recently ( apologies JT ) and doesn't need to give anyone who wants him out more ammunition and parking a new BMW in the car park gives the haters more bullets..
thats all..
Anyway ,unlucky Gills today that was cruel
But when is the timing good? We’ve struggled since day one this season and likely to til May, if he wants a new car he’ll buy one. For all we know it’s a lease agreement and he’s contracted to change it. Or it’s a courtesy car while his is being serviced. Who the fuck knows, or cares, really!
You’re right that it gives the haters more bullets, but I’m afraid in my view it says far more about them than it does Scally.
As I said before, there’s plenty to beat him with. This ain’t it.

But when is the timing good? We’ve struggled since day one this season and likely to til May, if he wants a new car he’ll buy one. For all we know it’s a lease agreement and he’s contracted to change it. Or it’s a courtesy car while his is being serviced. Who the fuck knows, or cares, really!
You’re right that it gives the haters more bullets, but I’m afraid in my view it says far more about them than it does Scally.
As I said before, there’s plenty to beat him with. This ain’t it.
Doubt it’s a courtesy car with his personalised SCA11Y number plate on it!
At the end of the day whether it’s paid with club money or his own it amounts to the same thing as he owns the club so the club’s money is his. It’s his sole income stream. I dont think it is that big a deal myself, I’d expect those in high up positions in the club to drive nice cars, in one of his Chairman’s chats he spoke about the difficulty of getting cars for some of his staff due to the worldwide issues with transport / delivery or Brexit or whatever.

Doubt it’s a courtesy car with his personalised SCA11Y number plate on it!
At the end of the day whether it’s paid with club money or his own it amounts to the same thing as he owns the club so the club’s money is his. It’s his sole income stream. I dont think it is that big a deal myself, I’d expect those in high up positions in the club to drive nice cars, in one of his Chairman’s chats he spoke about the difficulty of getting cars for some of his staff due to the worldwide issues with transport / delivery or Brexit or whatever.

Is any potential new owner allowed to buy a BMW?

Should the players and backroom staff also refrain from buying new cars?

What other purchases are off limits? If he wishes, can he send his kids off to private school? Is he allowed to have private health insurance? Is he allowed to go abroad for a family holiday this year? Should he be cancelling his subscription at David Lloyd?

What about wider society? Should Boris spend hundred of thousands of pounds on shitty wallpaper?

Is any potential new owner allowed to buy a BMW?

Should the players and backroom staff also refrain from buying new cars?

What other purchases are off limits? If he wishes, can he send his kids off to private school? Is he allowed to have private health insurance? Is he allowed to go abroad for a family holiday this year? Should he be cancelling his subscription at David Lloyd?

What about wider society? Should Boris spend hundred of thousands of pounds on shitty wallpaper?
Re/read my post, I’m not bothered about it really.
It’s probably only the tip of the iceberg, but how the club is set up now he’s free to do what he wants which is how he likes it.