Possible Summer Transfer Targets | Page 12 | Vital Football

Possible Summer Transfer Targets

If we can be in the same ballpark on wages I think he'd like to sign for us.

We're a better team than the one he's played in and could 100% offer him regular football. He'd be our main man.

It's been my feeling for the last week or 2 that Dennis is the pace fucker we're most likely to get. The lack of strong links to other clubs is a factor. King seems to have too much interest for us to compete.

The link to Darwin Nunez hopefully indicates we're also looking for a CF to challenge for McBurnie's role. Again, I hope we are, and if so there's no shortage of options.

It's been my feeling for the last week or 2 that Dennis is the pace fucker we're most likely to get. The lack of strong links to other clubs is a factor. King seems to have too much interest for us to compete.

The link to Darwin Nunez hopefully indicates we're also looking for a CF to challenge for McBurnie's role. Again, I hope we are, and if so there's no shortage of options.

The Nunez thing has turned out to be nonsense by the way. Some Spanish "journalist" mistook a conversation about transfers in a computer game for real life! I'm not joking...

As for Dennis, my issue with him is the lack of goals in his career. He has only managed 19 in 77 playing in Belgium, but they apparently want north of £20m for him. Compare that to Jonathan David's 30 in 60 in the same league, who has just gone for a little bit more. I'd still rather we looked at King or Grant.

FFS. 'Journalist' doesn't mean what it used to.

Goals are my concern with Dennis too but he'll still be developing and his pace could create many more goals for us.

With it being so quiet on the striker front with no obvious targets bar Dennis, I just wonder if we could be going in strong for Cordoba?

Pace and a line leader in one and apparently might only cost around £10m.

With it being so quiet on the striker front with no obvious targets bar Dennis, I just wonder if we could be going in strong for Cordoba?

Pace and a line leader in one and apparently might only cost around £10m.
This Cordoba,apparently he ha been praying for a move the BDTBL
1597504589978.png

Ridle Baku - Another Mainz player. 22 y/o right sided player. Initially a central midfielder but he's played as an attacking right back a lot recently where he looks completely natural. PSG even had interest. Good athlete, dynamic, good stamina and consistently smart use of the ball including crossing and final third passing. Could be a good fit at RCM for us while being perfect competition for RWB. So maybe a great alternative to Matty Cash.

Sebastian Vasiliadis - 22 y/o Greek-German midfielder who got relegated with Paderborn last season. One year left on his contract. Real all rounder who would suit RCM perfectly. He's 5'9 so not a big unit, but he's a very strong runner, covers a lot of ground and has a good burst of pace with the ball, with good control and dribbling ability. Versatile enough to play multiple midfield roles and positions, but he's probably best box to box. Only 1 goal and 1 assist last season but got 6 and 10 in their promotion season. Links with the likes of Schalke and Gladbach which is a good indicator. Fits our profile extremely well.

The Prosecco drinking hipsters at Tifo Football have finally covered us in their 'sensible transfers' series.

Their suggestions (defenders) Pascal Stenzel, Marc-Oliver Kampf, both from Stuttgart, Jurrien Maduro from Ajax's U19s, Ofri Arad from Maccabi Tel-Aviv, (midfielders) David Brooks and John-Paul Boetius from Mainz.

Don't tell Twirls but they like Mousset and McBurnie and don't feel the need to suggest any strikers.

The Prosecco drinking hipsters at Tifo Football have finally covered us in their 'sensible transfers' series.

Their suggestions (defenders) Pascal Stenzel, Marc-Oliver Kampf, both from Stuttgart, Jurrien Maduro from Ajax's U19s, Ofri Arad from Maccabi Tel-Aviv, (midfielders) David Brooks and John-Paul Boetius from Mainz.

Don't tell Twirls but they like Mousset and McBurnie and don't feel the need to suggest any strikers.

They have had too much prosecco if they think we don't need at least 1 new striker
We will need more than 39 goals next season to progress and also to protect my old ticker in 1 nil games

I am starting to think that instead of spending £18-£20million on one striker we would be better trying to get both Karlan Grant and Tyrese Campbell for the same money. We dont need expereince we have got that in spades with Sharp and McG. We need young up and coming players with pace and raw talent. Something a bit more unpredictable than we have.

If we were in for Campbell and Grant right now Huddersfield and Stoke would probably be asking north of 20 million for each of them. The asking prices for players just seems crazy, which may, and hopefully, change late September, early October when reality bites for Championship clubs in terms of their finances.

Grant is allegedly available for £15m. I don't know about Campbell, but he recently signed a new long-term contract, so I would guess at least £10m. The two of those would represent better value for money than £25m for Ollie Watkins though. Ivan Toney is available for £6.5m raising to £10m...

Grant is allegedly available for £15m. I don't know about Campbell, but he recently signed a new long-term contract, so I would guess at least £10m. The two of those would represent better value for money than £25m for Ollie Watkins though. Ivan Toney is available for £6.5m raising to £10m...
I do wonder about some of these valuations. Tyrese Campbell and Karlan Grant have done no better in the championship than Robinson did for Preston but he is only worth £8 million. He does not fit our system but cannot be worth less than these 2.

I do wonder about some of these valuations. Tyrese Campbell and Karlan Grant have done no better in the championship than Robinson did for Preston but he is only worth £8 million. He does not fit our system but cannot be worth less than these 2.

Grant got 19 goals for a poor Huddersfield team last season, despite playing a lot of the season from the wing. He is also a proven scorer in the PL, scoring 4 from 12 in the second worse team in the history of the league. Robinson has never scored more than 12 in a season at Championship level and didn't pull up any trees for us last season. I can see why there is a difference in the valuations. As for Campbell, his price will be almost all based on potential. His career is only just starting, but Robinson is in his mid-twenties now and is unlikely to improve much beyond his current level (although it has been known to happen before...)