Possible Striker January Loan Deals For Aston Villa? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Possible Striker January Loan Deals For Aston Villa?

Dwight Gayle would be a quality signing.

I've always been a massive Defoe fan, and Bournemouth seem to have a few options so I wonder if he could be a shout but the problem is I don't know if Defoe fits into our current set up.

Whilst Hull are managerless, I like the look of Jarrod Bowen who scored against us earlier this season. One to keep an eye on, could be worth some big money in a few years. A player who can score from a wide position would be excellent cover for both Albert & Snoddy.

I think higher placed clubs than us will be in for him but there is talk that Ighalo wants to come back to England in January.

He certainly looked quality at Watford, but as said, if he does come back, would expect it to be in the Prem.

May be a good shout if we go up though

Or, Ulloa would suit us if Leicester let him go

Whilst I’m on Bournemouth, what about a 6 month loan for Benik Ofobe? Strong, powerful and knows where the net it.

Might be a win win for both clubs as Bournemouth could get him fit and playing regularly whilst we aren’t committing to an expensive player permanently.

BodyButter - 26/11/2017 09:28

How many loans can we have?

We've already got 3 in Johnstone, Onomah and Snoddy.

I think you can have as many as 8 on loan, but only allowed to play 5 each game.

danvilla2 - 26/11/2017 08:48

Whilst I’m on Bournemouth, what about a 6 month loan for Benik Ofobe? Strong, powerful and knows where the net it.

Might be a win win for both clubs as Bournemouth could get him fit and playing regularly whilst we aren’t committing to an expensive player permanently.

Yes, I mentioned Afobe the other day. He's a big powerful lad who can lead the line well - also has a decent goal scoring record, which is the one side of Davis' game that needs improving. Seem to remember he banged a few in for Wolves in this division.

We cannot afford to do another "Heskey". It has to be quality, but they will want game time like Terry. If we could get Crouch.

I would be really happy with Dwight Gayle, he is one of those irritating bastards that never knows when hes beat and is not afraid to ruffle a few feathers.
I think he could be persuaded now that we are in the right area of the league. I think it all depends on where we are come January as to whether our prospect look good enough for him on a personal basis.

Strange how people's perceptions change isn't it?
When I suggested we bought him last year before Newcastle got interested, everyone and his brothers dog slagged him off as not good enough for us.

1958Villan - 26/11/2017 13:04

When I suggested we bought him last year before Newcastle got interested, everyone and his brothers dog slagged him off as not good enough for us.

Not everyone 1958.

wittonite - 26/11/2017 13:56

1958Villan - 26/11/2017 13:04

Not everyone 1958.

I think Dwight Gayle is one of players who isn't quite good enough for the premier league but is too good for the championship

I would definitely take him on loan but if we had to pay £10m like Newcastle did for him then I'd be hesitant... although I suppose fees like that are just the standard rate these days

1. We've zero chance of getting Charlie Austin he's scored twice today and its not like they're blessed with options
2. Couldnt see Ings dropping down
3. He'd do a job and I'd be happy enough with him
4. Don't know him myself but seems unrealistic to loan him after a team shelled out 13M

CDX_EIRE - 26/11/2017 15:17

1. We've zero chance of getting Charlie Austin he's scored twice today and its not like they're blessed with options
2. Couldnt see Ings dropping down
3. He'd do a job and I'd be happy enough with him
4. Don't know him myself but seems unrealistic to loan him after a team shelled out 13M

Perhaps not unrealistic if Ross Mc Cormack is anything to go by.

We really should of signed Assombalonga, he will appreciate in value for sure .

Charlie Austin is complete pie in the sky , he scored 2 for the saints today .

Yeah, I saw Austin had scored a couple of goals in his first start for Southampton this season. So that basically puts the mockers on any chance of us getting him on loan.

after austin scored twice today i cant see him going anywhere but how about shane long
he normaly knows where the net is

Could we loan one out - pieman for example. Could be a real plus for his new club, well at least their backroom staff

wittonite - 26/11/2017 15:26

CDX_EIRE - 26/11/2017 15:17

Perhaps not unrealistic if Ross Mc Cormack is anything to go by.

Never even occurred to me :69: