Possible Striker January Loan Deals For Aston Villa? | Vital Football

Possible Striker January Loan Deals For Aston Villa?

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Possible loan striker deals for Villa? Four options, you got any others?

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523852">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

I really can't see a loan signing being anything but damaging long-term. If we could shift some of our deadwood (I'm looking at you McCormack) we could sign another striker.

I see Onomah wants to go back to Spuds at the end of season. That's enough to put him on the bench for me. We have our own lads who can do his job. No point in training up a Spuds player for them.

Johnstone is different because there is a strong likelihood that he'll be a permanent Villa player soon.

That said, if Real fancy lending us Ronaldo, I'd take him.

Saido Berahino? :3:

Seriously, I don't know. I'd get McCormack back to be honest and if he doesn't come good, just get rid in he summer. He's proven at this level, and we're playing much better now, so I'd fancy him to get back among the goals.

Looks like Codger is out for the season, so we will definitely be looking for a forward in January.

Getting McCormack back isn't daft, as he'd probably add enough to what others are producing. However, not sure in practice it would work out. Can't see Bruce going for it if he has other options.

Ings had a bad injury when he went to Liverpool, came for him at the wrong time. If he's now fully fit I'd take him like a shot. Always liked Ulloa, but maybe he's too like Davis. Not sure about Austen. Forget about the "prospect" from Columbia. I'd rather give McKirdy a slot on the bench and some game time.

Charlie Austin would be a dream signing but I can't see them letting him leave on loan. He's still around their starting 11 and if we do go for a loan it'll probably have to be a youngster or someone out of the 1st team picture.

We were linked with Ahmed Musa of Leicester a few weeks ago. He's incredibly quick but apparently can't shoot which sounds very familiar to me.

JW85 - 25/11/2017 17:34

Charlie Austin would be a dream signing but I can't see them letting him leave on loan. He's still around their starting 11 and if we do go for a loan it'll probably have to be a youngster or someone out of the 1st team picture.

We were linked with Ahmed Musa of Leicester a few weeks ago. He's incredibly quick but apparently can't shoot which sounds very familiar to me.

It worked out pretty well for Joachim for a season or two.

A blast from the past there BodyButter. I saw Joachim play in a charity game not long ago with a couple of other villa old boys against a works team from my warehouse. Scored a hat trick and he's still got a fair bit of pace.

Danny Ings is a good shout, not just as a loan player either.
Liverpool have so many in front of him in the striking roles, so it's possible they'd be ready to sell, if he did well on loan for us.

I'd forgotten Danny Ings even existed. Terrible luck with injuries, it's been a disaster for him at Liverpool.

If he's now fit, it would be a very interesting signing. I just wonder how much of his game he's lost or how long it would take to get him back to the form that made Liverpool come in for him.

Bsixer beat me to it.

We play better with Davis holding it and the midfield feeding off.

Crouch wouldbe perfect for that role and would allow to alternate and rest without disruption.

Ideally, I would hope for Dwight Gayle but his availanilty may hinge on Newcsdtle being bought and them spending money in January on a high value replacement