Positive McCormack Talks With Bruce | Vital Football

Positive McCormack Talks With Bruce

As much as we dislike McCormack, no company can afford to throw away a £15m asset.

I'm doubtful that we'll ever see McCormack at his best but Bruce would be remiss to not even try.

BodyButter - 25/5/2017 05:41

As much as we dislike McCormack, no company can afford to throw away a £15m asset.

I'm doubtful that we'll ever see McCormack at his best but Bruce would be remiss to not even try.

Tried v hard with Gabby and if Im honest he managed to get something out of him....

Yes he did mess up last season but we'll know more once pre-season is over. If his head is in the right place and he's training hard then he'll be a great asset. If not, then I'm sure Bruce will know soon enough to be able to shift him on.

He had a bad start at Villa for whatever reason but it's worth seeing if he has the desire and determination to get into the team. His attitude in the first few weeks should be enough to see if he's giving it a go and I'm sure Bruce will sniff out the bullshit.

No harm in trying to get him fit for playing, selling or even loaning out.

Got to try. Just too much money to write off. Very sad state of affairs last season but if he returns with his head screwed on then fine.

col8 - 25/5/2017 06:21

Tried v hard with Gabby and if Im honest he managed to get something out of him....

a couple of pounds of lard at most

I think if he can get fit and sort his head (and gates) out , he could be a very good Nr 10 type player sat just behind the 2 main strikers

He massively pissed me off with his antics last season. But being the kind of guy I am i will give him another chance. Hope he appreciates it.

Melon Donkey - 26/5/2017 20:48

But being the kind of guy I am i will give him another chance. Hope he appreciates it.

Mate, I'm sure he will be delighted and humbled with your show of support :3:

Only kidding. If he can get back to fitness and rediscover his form, it will certainly do for me. Actions speak louder than words, so as long as he doesn't bang on in the press about how great the fans are/what a massive club we are/blah blah, I'm happy for him to have a second chance.

Think this is just a rehash of what was said by Bruce a few weeks ago. Nothing new. It's possible we might get something useful out of him this season. Certainly at the start of last season even off the pace he showed something.

Wouldn't rely on it though. Much rather we took a punt on a new striker of Kodjia's class. Unfortunately, don't think that's what Bruce's radar is focussed on.

col8 - 25/5/2017 06:21

Like squeezing a lemon, ultimately the last drop of juice comes out, then it is ready for ....

What worries me is that the club and powers that be are thinking short term and Championship. If we are successful in returning to the top flight then what? The squad we have now is only going to be good enough for the Championship. Ideally we need a few top Championship players that can also do a decent job in the Premiership once we return there. I do hope the good doctor has set aside a tidy war chest for when that return to the top flight materialises. I have to question whether the likes of McCormack and Agbonlahor can cut it if we go up.

That's. Not the plan though. 3 stages of Xia
1 team to get us up
2 team to keep us up
3 team to challenge the top 4

starchild65 - 28/5/2017 23:06

What worries me is that the club and powers that be are thinking short term and Championship. If we are successful in returning to the top flight then what? The squad we have now is only going to be good enough for the Championship. Ideally we need a few top Championship players that can also do a decent job in the Premiership once we return there. I do hope the good doctor has set aside a tidy war chest for when that return to the top flight materialises. I have to question whether the likes of McCormack and Agbonlahor can cut it if we go up.

If we don't go up next season, we are going to have to start cutting the wage bill. We all know where that goes.

Silhillvilla - 28/5/2017 19:44

That's. Not the plan though. 3 stages of Xia
1 team to get us up
2 team to keep us up
3 team to challenge the top 4

Staying in the Premiership is a big ask these days, its not like we had a premiership squad before getting relegated, Steve Bruce needs to start thinking about buying "Premiership Players"

If you go up with a Championship Squad then you will return to where you come from.
It will be Interesting to see who Newcastle Utd sign with a view to staying in the Premiership.