The Politics Thread | Page 218 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Some posh twat slumped in his chair in Bracknell now blaming the media for targeting him.

Fucking Tories gone all anti-media now have they!

I can’t get over the number of people who have lined up to give support to the government over the whole crisis just because they voted for them. As I see it, it’s not my duty to support a party or government to the death. It’s up to them to serve me and the people. They should be big enough to fight their own corner without my help.I owe loyalty to no particular party. It’s up to them to earn my vote. If they balls up when in power they deserve all the flak coming their way.

As for Cummings all this bollocks about interpreting the rules and making an informed decision boils down to one statement repeated time and again when lockdown was imposed. “Stay at home. This is an order. “ Or words to that effect.
Not much room for interpretation there.

I can’t get over the number of people who have lined up to give support to the government over the whole crisis just because they voted for them. As I see it, it’s not my duty to support a party or government to the death. It’s up to them to serve me and the people. They should be big enough to fight their own corner without my help.I owe loyalty to no particular party. It’s up to them to earn my vote. If they balls up when in power they deserve all the flak coming their way.

Totally right ironside, they owe us, not the other way around.

I really do dislike the tory party, however at the start of the covid thread, I put something about hoping they come out of all of this smelling of roses, even if that means another term of them after this one, because it will mean less deaths.

You don't have to be party loyal on everything do you!?

It is what put me off any thoughts of trying to be an MP when studying it at Uni. I realised I a) could never be told what to vote in Parliament by my party (the party whip obv) b) I could never slate another party for a policy if I thought it was good, just because they were another party.

Pretty much ruled me out there and then!

Scottish Tories falling out with the English. If the SNP can fuck off (well done Sturgeon for a commendable runner up position in the referendum and for being an all round very good first minister) so that Labour can clean up some seats in Scotland, then it gets very interesting.

A while away maybe but Kier Starmer has to juggle winning back the midland and northern English towns who are pro-Brexit versus winning back the Scottish seats they used to own by being pro-EU.

I guess he could offer the Scots a 2nd referendum but that’s one very risky move, brexit and the handling of COVID in Westminster I think might tip them into leave.

Scottish Tories falling out with the English. If the SNP can fuck off (well done Sturgeon for a commendable runner up position in the referendum and for being an all round very good first minister) so that Labour can clean up some seats in Scotland, then it gets very interesting.

A while away maybe but Kier Starmer has to juggle winning back the midland and northern English towns who are pro-Brexit versus winning back the Scottish seats they used to own by being pro-EU.

I guess he could offer the Scots a 2nd referendum but that’s one very risky move, brexit and the handling of COVID in Westminster I think might tip them into leave.

I think after this covid debacle if they were offered a 2nd referendum it would be an overwhelming yes to independence. Then the Welsh would follow.

Cornwall would vote independence, then realise they need subsidising and ask for Westminster to support them. Arrogant bastards

They liked the EU money though!

:ROFLMAO: yes, and the EU seasonal workers. They also hate tourists that prop up their economy, and wealthy Londoners with second homes who increase the value of their properties.

Although I would hate the latter two if I lived in an idyllic county

What a surprise...

The housing secretary knew that a billionaire former media tycoon had only 24 hours to have an east London property development approved before community charges were imposed that would have cost him over £40m.

Robert Jenrick’s accepted that his approval of one-time Conservative-supporting billionaire Richard Desmond’s project at the Isle of Dogs was unlawful.

Against the advice of his own planning inspector, the minister gave the go-ahead for the construction of more than 1,500 apartments in a 44-storey complex on 14 January. Jenrick’s decision was made just 24 hours before the Tower Hamlets CIL would have cost Desmond at least £40m.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...robert-jenrick-isle-dogs-london-avoid-40m-hit