please sign grooming gang petition | Vital Football

please sign grooming gang petition

bigchap

Vital Youth Team
The government ,police ,social services have tried to cover up the mainly Pakistani mens
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300239

abuse of young girls it needs 100,000 signatures so it will be debated and the governments
findings be made public it has the required number but the more that sign it the better
the mainstream media have gone quiet on this matter and only the Independent have
made public the petition
BC

I'm willing to sign the petition, but I don't see the relevance of it being mainly Pakistani men. I'll sign the petition because of the offences committed, not who committed them.

Surely the point is that they were grooming vulnerable girls, not that they were largely of a particular race, nationality or ethnicity.

You can bet your bottom dollar if it was a gang of white British men committing these offences it wouldn't have been hushed up!

I'm willing to sign the petition, but I don't see the relevance of it being mainly Pakistani men. I'll sign the petition because of the offences committed, not who committed them.

Surely the point is that they were grooming vulnerable girls, not that they were largely of a particular race, nationality or ethnicity.

Maajid Nawaz explains the relevance quite concisely here:

I do not care who they are,
These Pakistani men saw these white girls as trash
and abused these children and thought entitled to do so
and expressed no remorse .
the Independent has been the only newspaper to report on this
the BBC,Sky news ,Itv have side stepped this issue.
and the social services,police,government guilty of covering this up
BC

WTF is this thread about? I question the mentality of some contributors. Can we get back to the Tics please?

WTF is this thread about? I question the mentality of some contributors. Can we get back to the Tics please?
My apologies you angry young man
sometimes things go off topic MY apologies if this upset you.
may i respectfully suggest you do not respond if this is of no interest
to you or maybe use your time to think of these girls who are now mentally scarred
BC

My apologies you angry young man
sometimes things go off topic MY apologies if this upset you.
may i respectfully suggest you do not respond if this is of no interest
to you or maybe use your time to think of these girls who are now mentally scarred
BC

:clap:

The government ,police ,social services have tried to cover up the mainly Pakistani mens
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300239

abuse of young girls it needs 100,000 signatures so it will be debated and the governments
findings be made public it has the required number but the more that sign it the better
the mainstream media have gone quiet on this matter and only the Independent have
made public the petition
BC
Why do you think the MSM (Much of it owned by right wing billionaires) has gone quiet on this?
We have a right to know what’s going on. Only the Home Office blocking it. Disgraceful coverup and rank hypocrisy from the current government who have had a decade to quash this. But would rather cut everything in sight that would actually help with this awful situation.

Why do you think the MSM (Much of it owned by right wing billionaires) has gone quiet on this?
We have a right to know what’s going on. Only the Home Office blocking it. Disgraceful coverup and rank hypocrisy from the current government who have had a decade to quash this. But would rather cut everything in sight that would actually help with this awful situation.

Cover up started under Blaire and Brown, Labour sacked Sarah Champion for trying to talk about it and suspended Trevor Phillips this week for the same type of thing, Corbyn was told about it happening in his constituency by social workers years ago and he did nothing about it (like pretty much every MP in the country) - so let's not make out that only one side of the isle is at fault - it's been a cross party, cross government cover up for decades. Hardly anyone has clean hands on this, they all turned a blind eye.

Plenty of left wing media just as guilty of ignoring the stories too, it's not a right wing media issue - they are all afraid to touch the issue.

Apparently part of the issue between Priti Patel and the civil service is she wants the report published and they are going to lengths trying to block it. Regardless of what anyone thinks of her lets hope this is true and she get's her way and we see someone finally try and address this issue properly.

Also if you want to talk about cuts you have to talk about why the cuts were made - a dangerously unsustainable defecit inherited from the previous government to the tune of 150b.

I'm not looking to get into a political debate just pointing out that there is another side to the story and neither side are very good. We've been failed by Labour and Conservatives, left and right continually - neither side should be given a pass.

Last edited:
Maajid Nawaz explains the relevance quite concisely here:

I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying. I understand the issues raised on the clip.

The point I'm making is in relation to whether I'm willing to sign the petition. Were the tables turned and these gangs be largely white men abusing Asian girls, I would still sign it. My being willing to sign it has absolutely nothing to do with the race of the perpetrators.

The offences themselves and that they were seemingly covered up is the scandal... Not in and of itself that the offenders were mostly Pakistani and Bangladeshi. If the cover up was the other way round and white people were being protected despite being known to have committed these crimes, I'd be equally appalled.

I also would like to point out that whilst the majority of these grooming gangs are Asian (probably the reason for the cover up... PC at its worst), the converse is not true. The overwhelming majority of Asian men are not involved in such activity. It's still a small minority of Pakistani and Bangladeshi men overall.

We must be careful to strike the correct balance between being candid about the fact that there does seem to be a problem in that ethnic group, and it does need to be addressed, but that not all (in fact very few) of the Pakistani men in the country as a whole are guilty of anything.

There's approximately a million Pakistani and Bangladeshi men in the UK. Even if ten thousand of them (I'd suggest that's probably a massive overstatement) were involved in such gangs, it's 1%. That means that for every hundred Pakistani or Bangladeshi men, ninety-nine of them aren't guilty. We need to be clear that whilst it's a much bigger proportion than other ethnic groups, it's still a tiny proportion in absolute terms and that needs to be acknowledged. If we fall into the trap of assuming that they're all guilty of something, we're no better than the offenders who judge and target their victims by their race.

To sum up what I'm saying, we must not let PC get in the way of acknowledging and tackling these issues. It does appear to be a cultural problem amongst a certain ethnic group and that's absolutely not a justification for it to be swept under the carpet. With that said, it's no justification for the demonisation of an entire racial group. To treat all of that group like criminals because of the actions of a small minority would only further disenfranchise the perfectly innocent and decent members of that ethic group, which would probably make the problems worse, not better. What we need is for the huge majority of decent people in that group to want to take an active role in tackling the issue alongside the authorities... If they feel demonised and alienated, they'll be far less willing to work with a system that views them with suspicion based on their race alone.

It's a very complex issue and I don't have the answers... But I do know what the answer isn't.

I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying. I understand the issues raised on the clip.

The point I'm making is in relation to whether I'm willing to sign the petition. Were the tables turned and these gangs be largely white men abusing Asian girls, I would still sign it. My being willing to sign it has absolutely nothing to do with the race of the perpetrators.

The offences themselves and that they were seemingly covered up is the scandal... Not in and of itself that the offenders were mostly Pakistani and Bangladeshi. If the cover up was the other way round and white people were being protected despite being known to have committed these crimes, I'd be equally appalled.

I also would like to point out that whilst the majority of these grooming gangs are Asian (probably the reason for the cover up... PC at its worst), the converse is not true. The overwhelming majority of Asian men are not involved in such activity. It's still a small minority of Pakistani and Bangladeshi men overall.

We must be careful to strike the correct balance between being candid about the fact that there does seem to be a problem in that ethnic group, and it does need to be addressed, but that not all (in fact very few) of the Pakistani men in the country as a whole are guilty of anything.

There's approximately a million Pakistani and Bangladeshi men in the UK. Even if ten thousand of them (I'd suggest that's probably a massive overstatement) were involved in such gangs, it's 1%. That means that for every hundred Pakistani or Bangladeshi men, ninety-nine of them aren't guilty. We need to be clear that whilst it's a much bigger proportion than other ethnic groups, it's still a tiny proportion in absolute terms and that needs to be acknowledged. If we fall into the trap of assuming that they're all guilty of something, we're no better than the offenders who judge and target their victims by their race.

To sum up what I'm saying, we must not let PC get in the way of acknowledging and tackling these issues. It does appear to be a cultural problem amongst a certain ethnic group and that's absolutely not a justification for it to be swept under the carpet. With that said, it's no justification for the demonisation of an entire racial group. To treat all of that group like criminals because of the actions of a small minority would only further disenfranchise the perfectly innocent and decent members of that ethic group, which would probably make the problems worse, not better. What we need is for the huge majority of decent people in that group to want to take an active role in tackling the issue alongside the authorities... If they feel demonised and alienated, they'll be far less willing to work with a system that views them with suspicion based on their race alone.

It's a very complex issue and I don't have the answers... But I do know what the answer isn't.

I don't think anyone was suggesting trying to tar a wider group for the actions of the guilty or imply anything further. The identity of the abusers mentioned was just like when we had the cover up scandals within the Vatican, the collective identity of the abusers was Catholic Priests, but stating that wasn't a reflection on the majority good of Catholics, or Catholic Priests.

I don't think anyone was suggesting trying to tar a wider group for the actions of the guilty or imply anything further. The identity of the abusers mentioned was just like when we had the cover up scandals within the Vatican, the collective identity of the abusers was Catholic Priests, but stating that wasn't a reflection on the majority good of Catholics, or Catholic Priests.
I agree 100%, but we all know that there are elements in the country who will try to use it as justification for overt racism. All I'm saying is that the reporting needs to be candid but also take care not to be put in such a way as to to enable it to be turned into racist spin.