Playoffs | Page 3 | Vital Football

Playoffs

Be interesting to see what the new owners do with regards to signings are they gonna throw money at it or go down the free agents line some good ones on frees swift at Reading Wallace at Millwall we are linked with Rothwell at Blackburn would deffo try for twine though he looks a cracking player plays well in championship stock can only go up

I don't think the owners will throw money at it
There might be the odd purchase but nothing to break the bank so to speak
More like last season players out of contract
Or close to the end of one
I expect stability for a couple of seasons nothing stupid

Tell you what whoever wins this, Wycombe have gotta be favourites, know how to win big games and do the job
No chance. A big pitch at Wembley in the searing heat. Sunderland score first and win comfortably.

Told you about Alex Neil. He knows how to win these games. An excellent manager.

The two favorites going into this have both been knocked out. So glad we did not end up in these play offs and have the luxury of watching them as neutrals.

Sheff Wed might not be playing Championship football next season, but that mon will be. Class act.
There's no doubt he's a decent player, even though as a shithouse, he's not a patch on our shithouses.

That photo was (I think) from the away game at SW ... revenge is a dish best served cold.

1a
There's no doubt he's a decent player, even though as a shithouse, he's not a patch on our shithouses.

That photo was (I think) from the away game at SW ... revenge is a dish best served cold.

It was, straight in front of us in the leppings lane end.

Very surreal and uncomfortable night, for one reason or another I have not been to Sheff Wednesday since our non-league days, we were sat in the lower part of the stand in the disabled section, the Latics fans where in the upper tier, so we were 10 - 15 yards from the boundary wall, I could not stop looking at the wall and remembering the terrible events that took place a few feet from where I was sat not that long ago, how small the area was and how many people had been in there. The poor souls didn't stand a chance.
It was a very similar feeling I had when I visited the WWII Normandy invasion beaches and war cemeteries a few ears ago quite un nerving and sad.

Last edited:
1a

It was, straight in front of us in the leppings lane end.

Very surreal and uncomfortable night, for one reason or another I have not been to Sheff Wednesday since our non-league days, we were sat in the lower part of the stand in the disabled section, the Latics fans where in the upper tier, so we were 10 - 15 yards from the boundary wall, I could not stop looking at the wall and remembering the terrible events that took place a few feet from where I was sat not that long ago, how small the area was and how many people had been in there. The poor souls didn't stand a chance.

In my Man United following days with my dad in the 1980's one of the away games we used to go to every year was Sheff Wednesday (once they'd been promoted in to Div 1 anyway).
The away fans then, as now, were in the Leppings Lane end of the ground & I remember one particular game (& I have a feeling that it was 1985), that had been all ticket (so they knew how many were going to attend) where as it got closer to kick off & in the early parts of the game they had to keep opening up additional pens on the terracing as it was so packed - In the end they opened up all 4 pens directly behind the goal, under where the police control box was & the other corner that had a floodlight stuck in the middle of it and it was all packed.
It was only when that final inquiry was held that it was revealed that the club had been miscalculating the capacity of the terracing at that end for a long time & there'd been close shaves for years at big games held there and nothing was done

In my Man United following days with my dad in the 1980's one of the away games we used to go to every year was Sheff Wednesday (once they'd been promoted in to Div 1 anyway).
The away fans then, as now, were in the Leppings Lane end of the ground & I remember one particular game (& I have a feeling that it was 1985), that had been all ticket (so they knew how many were going to attend) where as it got closer to kick off & in the early parts of the game they had to keep opening up additional pens on the terracing as it was so packed - In the end they opened up all 4 pens directly behind the goal, under where the police control box was & the other corner that had a floodlight stuck in the middle of it and it was all packed.
It was only when that final inquiry was held that it was revealed that the club had been miscalculating the capacity of the terracing at that end for a long time & there'd been close shaves for years at big games held there and nothing was done

I can trump that...I was in the main stand at Hillsborough ( where teams come out ) in August 1968 when Man United played there. United were 4-2 up at half time but lost 5-4 after Jack Witham scored 4. The whole Leppings end and the corner quadrant were packed with United as well as half of the huge opposite end which was an open terrace in those days. I've never seen away support like that. Nobody ever seemed to get hurt though and I'm convinced that only happened when the police started to take a more active role.

In a similar vein, (though not saying police intervention was/wasn't involved), the number on the away terracing at Everton in our FA Cup game was unbelievable. In no way was that safe.

Different days.

In a similar vein, (though not saying police intervention was/wasn't involved), the number on the away terracing at Everton in our FA Cup game was unbelievable. In no way was that safe.

Different days.

Thats the point though mate...if you're not used to experiencing such crowds it can seem unsafe. I was a part of huge swaying throngs all over the country and never felt unsafe. Exilerated yes but totally at ease.

Thats the point though mate...if you're not used to experiencing such crowds it can seem unsafe. I was a part of huge swaying throngs all over the country and never felt unsafe. Exilerated yes but totally at ease.

I get what you're saying. A mate tried taking his coat off, but could barely get it off his shoulders. I was going to say that if anyone had slipped, there's no way they were getting back up ...... but in reality, given what I said about my mate, when it was "full" there was no room for people to slip!

You're right, it was exhilarating, but I'm not sure I'm sure that's always the case, right up until the point where it's not.