Player Interviews and a Light Hearted Break | Page 2 | Vital Football

Player Interviews and a Light Hearted Break

If you say something that you think is hilarious, start your next sentence with "No yeah". This signals to the audience that you weren't being serious.

Last edited:
Absolutely. 🤔😂

I had media training years ago. The one nugget I took from it was, from the interviewers perspective, don’t ask questions that elicit a yes or no answer. Make the questions open to encourage them to talk, such as “what is your view of ...” ”what do you think of ...”

Just for once I'd like a sportsperson to answer the asinine question "how did it feel when you did that thing?" with
"I didnt feel anything, I've been dead inside for years, I'm just going through the motions to make as much cash as possible so I can retire from this living hell that I put myself through"

Just for once I'd like a sportsperson to answer the asinine question "how did it feel when you did that thing?" with
"I didnt feel anything, I've been dead inside for years, I'm just going through the motions to make as much cash as possible so I can retire from this living hell that I put myself through"

I've always wanted to answer the question "Why do you want this job?" with "I don't want it. I need it to pay the bills." :lol:

Amuses me PL players and even officials covering their mouths with hands/shirts when chatting - so a lip reading expert doesn't drop them in it

"What will you do to pick yourself up for Saturday?"

"I don't think that's possible to be honest. I might try hookers and coke but more likely I have a date with some sleeping pills and a large Scotch."

Amuses me PL players and even officials covering their mouths with hands/shirts when chatting - so a lip reading expert doesn't drop them in it
Saw on TV one sub doing that while talking to another a week or so ago. Both were wearing masks!

It's symptomatic of the society we have created for ourselves. I am sure many of us on here myself included think very carefully before we post things. Imagine saying things like

Ooo I love a bit of red meat cooked on the rare side with blood oozing out of it- (Shot to pieces by the nut cutlet brigade and sustainability crew)

Well I have just bought a superfast sports car with a huge engine - ( Shot to pieces by the eco warriors).

Oh I voted Tory - (shot to death for being uncaring and selfish)

Oh I voted Labour - (shot to death for being a looney leftie).

The list goes on and on. The days of interesting characters who shoot from the hip are virtually gone. We have to accept bland because most people daren't say anything controversial.

Let's be honest everybody seems to be criticised for everything nowadays so that's why society gets blander and blander. I am not saying that's wrong it's just as it is but just because people appear bland on the outside it doesn't mean they are on the inside people just keep it to themselves more now.

It's symptomatic of the society we have created for ourselves. I am sure many of us on here myself included think very carefully before we post things. Imagine saying things like

Ooo I love a bit of red meat cooked on the rare side with blood oozing out of it- (Shot to pieces by the nut cutlet brigade and sustainability crew)

Well I have just bought a superfast sports car with a huge engine - ( Shot to pieces by the eco warriors).

Oh I voted Tory - (shot to death for being uncaring and selfish)

Oh I voted Labour - (shot to death for being a looney leftie).

The list goes on and on. The days of interesting characters who shoot from the hip are virtually gone. We have to accept bland because most people daren't say anything controversial.

Let's be honest everybody seems to be criticised for everything nowadays so that's why society gets blander and blander. I am not saying that's wrong it's just as it is but just because people appear bland on the outside it doesn't mean they are on the inside people just keep it to themselves more now.

Absolutely true! I think people's personality is screaming to get out as well.

I would probably be considered, by most accounts, pretty far to the left on the social/political spectrum. But despite this, choose not to get involved in the twitter world reactionary responses. And am genuinely appreciative of people I disagree with sharing their views.

As long as comments are not spiteful (see the recently deceased Rush Limbaugh) then I think the world is a more colorful and enjoyable place. I'd absolutely love it if we heard a response like this from a player of any team:

"I was absolutely knackered at the end given the kicking I'd received during the game, but was going to bust a blood vessel to get on the end of the cross. I would have been really ticked off if I missed it and the gaffer would have ripped me a new one"

Anything to escape the soul-destroying banality of what we receive now.

Absolutely true! I think people's personality is screaming to get out as well.

I would probably be considered, by most accounts, pretty far to the left on the social/political spectrum. But despite this, choose not to get involved in the twitter world reactionary responses. And am genuinely appreciative of people I disagree with sharing their views.

As long as comments are not spiteful (see the recently deceased Rush Limbaugh) then I think the world is a more colorful and enjoyable place. I'd absolutely love it if we heard a response like this from a player of any team:

"I was absolutely knackered at the end given the kicking I'd received during the game, but was going to bust a blood vessel to get on the end of the cross. I would have been really ticked off if I missed it and the gaffer would have ripped me a new one"

Anything to escape the soul-destroying banality of what we receive now.

Is Rush Limbaugh dead? Hurrah! Is that spiteful?