Play Offs | Page 2 | Vital Football

Play Offs

A moot point would be who we want to play in the semi-final. Last night's win increases the likelihood of finishing fourth, which means we would probably play Coventry - I'm not sure about that option because they can't be as bad again.

I fancy Notts County for some reason, and I think that is the most likely outcome with City and County finishing fifth and sixth.

Last night's win increases the likelihood of a play off place but, with two games to go and Exeter having only Stevenage away and Colchester at home, the chance of the Imps winning both our games and Exeter dropping 3 points are pretty slim.

As it stands we a likely to get County or Exeter in the semi and, if we progress, Cov or Exe/County in the final.

Would take Exeter at the moment in the semi and let County and Cov battle it out with a County/Imps final being pretty balanced.

But 4th place seems most unlikely at the moment

I'm sure someone (you know who you are) will have the stats but I have a feeling that 4th won't have stats on its side in terms play off success - albeit traditionally it may be a team disappointed with 4th that occupies it.

If we end up there it'll most likely be on the back of 4 straight wins and without any disappointment at all.

Wycombe don't appear to the force they were after losing Akinfenwa. He was last spotted with a leg brace and on crutches.

Last edited:
Hello my name is Leo Fortune-West, I used to play for Lincoln and I was very good.

I have been suggested as a future manager for Lincoln city and I would like to say I am interested.

Seriously? Some people have a great sense of humour, and some people just think they have a great sense of humour. ??

If we win on Saturday and Wycombe don't win, we would have the tantalizing prospect of going into the Yeovil game with at least a chance of auto promotion. Which all adds to the excitement. Not counting chickens though , getting that point is the most important thing.

My preference/dream in playoffs would be us finish 5th Notts finish 6th so we have the second leg at home. Then Cov in final and bully them into submission again in front of a 50-60k crowd!

But I am absolutely not counting my chickens...

If we win on Saturday and Wycombe don't win, we would have the tantalizing prospect of going into the Yeovil game with at least a chance of auto promotion. Which all adds to the excitement. Not counting chickens though , getting that point is the most important thing.

My preference/dream in playoffs would be us finish 5th Notts finish 6th so we have the second leg at home. Then Cov in final and bully them into submission again in front of a 50-60k crowd!

But I am absolutely not counting my chickens...

As long as we beat them I'd like Stags to overtake Cov ... not that I'm counting my chickens. Absolutely not.

It would be much bigger than that. Coventry took 43,000 to Wembley for the Checkatrade last year, and we took a rumoured 30,000 this year.

I can see such a final hitting 80,000 with guests and hangers-on. In other words, another million quid in the bank.

I agree with nearly 30000 for the checkatrade trophy, however theres absolutely no way we would take that many again.There is i believe a 10day or so turn around for selling tkts not the month or so we had last time.Plus its not going to be that first time there experience! Personally think it would be 15 to 200

We have to get there first!

If we do I think about 18,000 second time around! Although it's a lot of expense coming around quite so soon.

When we played Southend they had taken 30,000 to the Trophy final but only took 8,000 to the play off final against us a few weeks later!

We have to get there first!

If we do I think about 18,000 second time around! Although it's a lot of expense coming around quite so soon.

When we played Southend they had taken 30,000 to the Trophy final but only took 8,000 to the play off final against us a few weeks later!
Was it 8000 I thought it was nearer 3000

Not wanting us to get ahead of ourselves with the play offs but has anyone else considered the scenario that if we beat Accy on Saturday and Wycombe fail to win, then 5th May could be very interesting......or is it just me dreaming again? In any case what a fantastic first season back in the league