Pitch inspection Saturday | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pitch inspection Saturday

Lincoln City FC 🇺🇦

@LincolnCity_FC
·
1m

🏟
Thanks to the hard work of our grounds team we are very confident today’s game against Derby County will go ahead.
💡
We will carry out further remedial work in the build-up to kick-off, and with temperatures forecast to rise we expect the match referee to be happy with…
Show more

A view of a lighting rig on the pitch at the LNER Stadium taken on Saturday morning. The pitch looks in good condition ahead of the fixture against Derby County.

Think they are expecting too much from a small rise in temperature but will set off ?
Well I'm setting off too. But i will not be very happy if at 11.30 they call it off. I'll probably be just over the Humber Bridge then. Its okay being confident it's on. But surely at 10am they can make a 100% call. Leaving it to one man at 11.30 does not seem the best way of making the decision

Looking at the Met office website it appears the last time the temperature was freezing or below in Lincoln was 1000hrs on Thursday, so it has had 2 nights slightly above freezing and a lot of work put into the South Park Stand end.

On that basis, plus the positive updates from the club, I'm going to say reasonably optimistic.

Really don't like repeated inspections. I get that the clubs want to give the best chance of getting it on, especially on a Saturday. However, it really isn't fair on travelling supporters. Suppose Derby isn't so bad, but I guess it would have been the same had we been playing Carlisle.
Personally, I'd rather they made one check (9:30 seems reasonable), made the decision and stood buy it. You might get a split of on/off, but at potential cost of supporter ill feeling.

Agree,. Remember that Boxing day match against Fulham. Rock hard pitch and snow in the second half. Players with trainers on and a cracking 4-1 (Inthink) win for us. Last time I can remember a real orange ball being used too.
One of my favourite home games ever.

Just some simple text on the OS would reach more people more quickly than the much maligned ex Twitter. Then tart up the OS with better explanation, photos etc

Just some simple text on the OS would reach more people more quickly than the much maligned ex Twitter. Then tart up the OS with better explanation, photos etc
...of course you are posting at 11.33am about an inspection at 11.30am.

...and now on OS at 11.36am

News just not getting out!!!!!!

Released on Twitter 11:15 ?
20 mins can be difference between getting a train or making other decisions. The communication is excellent, the 'vehicle' choice is wrong

Must be a slow news day 🤪

A massive well done to everyone involved. That South Park End is a real bugger to defrost.